• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Are 2 dogs really better than 1?

Put it like this. This time last yr. i had just got Sally. Today in my kitchen looking up at me are 5. Apart from Sally the rest are all rescues, the 5th sitting here a lovely old man call Trix who hopfully will be going to his retirment home soon.
I have found they are easier to mind they are happy to be left alone for awhile as they have each other for company.

First--- WOW-- from 1 to 5 in a year. Bless your heart for making room in your home and life for these lovely companions.
It took me three years to go from 2 dogs to 6.
They play, sleep and keep each other occupied while I "need" to do SOME things without them.

Firstly, I Hope Elle is okay :xfngr:

Secondly, 2 is better than 1 - there is nothing better than to see two of them charging trough long grass bunny hopping together!

Two is better and much easier--you don't feel guilty on those days/evenings when you don't have the energy to entertain them--they take care of it themselves! Plus, dogs are pack animals, it's just natural for them to be together.
We had Abbey for a year before we got Gus, and now I wish we'd done it sooner....they're so happy together.:dogwlk:

Thanks for all of the input! I told my husband, and we'll just have to really start looking. Right now isn't good because he's probably about to start a new job, and I'm trying to get into grad school, but maybe once life has settled a little and Ruby's a little older, we'll find her a little friend. In the meantime, her new best friend is a 4 month old mini dachshund named Bella that lives across the street from us, and they play all of the time.

Indy was 18 months when we got Charlie, and while at first she was like "what is this annoying thing, and why isn't he gone yet?" she warmed up to him quickly and they're best buddies now! She loved to wrestle with him and cuddle to sleep, though she's more fond of us, he's more fond of her than mom & dad! 2 is 1000% better than 1! They keep each other company & entertain themselves, which means less work for you in the "mom please throw the ball for hours for me" :LOL:

Back