• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bad Thanksgiving - Vomiting

so glad to hear that bella is doing a bit better!! It sucks having to leave them, but she really is in the very best care!! :) :) Don't beat yourself up - as owners we do the best we can, but nobody knows everything!!

I believe chicken/turkey is alright, but in small amounts. But it also varies dog to dog.. some dogs can have more than others. My mom's dog, Isabella, suffers from pancreatitis and is very sensitive.. she doesn't really get table scraps. She gets like a US quarter sized bite and that's it. If she gets too much, she can have blood in her stools (that's how it starts for her :( ) Mom's other dog, on the other hand, could probably eat the whole thing :roll: I am very careful about how many table scraps my dogs get. It's just not worth the risk.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a swift recovery for Bella :flwr:

I so glad to hear Bella is doing better. Really not your fault you could not have known. So glad my dh loves the pup more than he does me. He actually forebade from feeding any table scraps or fatty human snacks like cheese even. Hope Bella recovers sooner and be home before the weekend is over.:flwr:

Poor little Bella. I sure hope she recovers quickly.

Try not to beat yourself up too much over this. You would not be the first one to fall into this trap.

Christmas, Thanks Giving & Easter are dangerous times for dogs. It is very tempting for people & their guests to want to include their dogs in the festivities & unfortunately dogs don't necessarily know what is good for them, or when to stop. It can also be quite a chore convincing your guests to respect your request that they not feed the dog, especially if some of those guests are children. You've got to have eyes like a hawk & in the back of your head too.

:xfngr: Fingers crossed that Bella will soon be back home with you.

Back