• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Barney was attack?

matties mum

Went a walk this morning and 2 Staffies attack him as any one who as read on the health will know he has got something a matter with his knees and might need a operation so please wish him well it was not very nice because they got both his ears and was pulling so that made him cry a lot---Aileen

:yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

How absolutely terrifying!! I hope barney is feeling alright. ;(

That's why I keep Kosmo on a harness at ALL times - I've had to rescue him from a big dog before. I'd rather they bit me than him.. ;)

Poor Barney.. *HUGZ*

Hope you start feeling better soon. :( Go get those knees checked out hun!!

matties mum said:
Went a walk this morning and 2 Staffies attack him as any one who as read on the health will know he has got something a matter with his knees and might need a operation so please wish him well it was not very nice because they got both his ears and was pulling so that made him cry a lot---Aileen

Oh Aileen, What a horrid experience. I hope your baby is doing better now. Please keep us updated.

Oh Aileen, I'm so sorry he went through that :cry*ing:

It's beyond me why people get dogs like that and fail to train them and keep them under control :swear:

OMG :yikes is he OK? Did you take him back to the Vet? I hope you reported the attack to the Police? The handler obviously didn't have them under control and needs to know that this is just not acceptable.

Poor little Barney :( Even more big :hug: 's for him :l*v:

Ohhh, I just read this and my thoughts are with you and your baby. What a horrible thing to happen.

I hope he will be okay!!! I am in tears just thinking about his attack because I have some personal experience with this type of thing happening - actually it happened to my mom's Lhasa Apso, Benji. He was attached by a couple of chows and was very badly injured -the vet advised my mom that nothing could be done so he had to be pts. It was so tragic - my mom hates chows to this day.

It sounds like Barney is not injured quite that badly and his injuries are treatable. I hope he is feeling much much better really soon. I know how hard this is for you and I'm thinking about you both. :flwr:

How terrible! I really hope Barney is okay. Poor Barney. It must have been horrible for you watching his ears get pulled and seeing him cry! :cry*ing:
Let us know how he is.

Some dog owners are so irresponsible. :x Last week my father had to take Coco to Puppy Kindergarten for me since I was away on your side of the pond (in London). I was upset to learn that when my dad took Coco to class, one of the other puppy owners had his puppy off leash in the parking lot, and he proceeded to attack Coco! All the puppies are much bigger than her, so she, of course, freaked out! This all happened before class when my dad had taken her out for her potty on the grassy area outside the parking lot. I don't know why the man had his puppy off leash when he is really not trained at all, and it is illegal. Coco is okay, but it was bad for her confidence. She was nervous during the rest of the class. :(

I really hope Barney is okay. My love to him. :l*v:

What an awful experience for both of you. :( Be sure to report the attack to police. I hope he is feeling better; I cannot stand dogs like that that are allowed to be off lead and out of control. :x

Poor Barney
My gosh I hope that he is okay and wasn't too badly traumatized, were the owners of the Staffies around did they at least see if Barney was okay.

I would also definetely report it.

Give him some extra :hug: from Me, Dudley & Darby.

xoxoxoxox

Poor wee fellow.

oh that's dreadful...as others have said, please report it to the police...

Really hope that Barney is ok now...thinking of you.

Barney is fine now I try to report it but the owners of the dogs went off very fast so I could get no names I was very upset and trying to catch Barney as he had slip his harrness so was very busy I was not bother about me but went in with the end of my lead and hands to try and get him away then Jazzie try to protect him aswell so a busy day had by all thank you everyone for all the post ----Aileen

OMG that is awful. I am so glad he is OK and that you are OK too. Many years ago I was out walking my toy Poodle when this big old Doberman came up to us, I had time to pick up my Poodle and then I stood up real tall and just hollered at the Doberman, I was so scared, but I was ready to kick that dog's teeth in if I had to. I was lucky and the dog stopped and didn't come after us. But those Staffies are pretty bad.

That is seriously scary. But am glad Barney is okay. what are people thinking letting there dogs off lead when others are around. That is one thing I will not do unless there is noone around. I trust my dogs but I dont trust others. And you never know if a brawl will ensue. Thats why I keep my dogs on lead unless in a controlled environment.

aileen, i'm so sorry, attacks are emotionally as well as physically wounding. it makes me so mad to hear about this happening. it should be safe for a dog and their person to enjoy walking the streets and enjoy the day. i'm glad to hear barney is ok now. :flwr:

:yikes :yikes omg! that is such a terrible story! poor Barney..and poor you! thank goodness he isnt hurt....i hate owners who leave there dog without a leash on when they cant obey commands when given to them!

2 years ago i was walking my daschund when this massive rottweiler came up 2 us and tried 2 hve a go at my Ally..well i stood in the way of it and was pushing it away with all my might screaming at it (that didnt do me much good it just jumped and knocked me over..massive bruises and a few cuts! :roll: )..well ally didnt get hurt in the end but i did..but id rather that than anything! and after all this happens i hear the owner yelling to the dog and the dog came over and they just left!!!! i was SOO angry :x

but thankgoodness Barney is doing ok..give him a BIG hug from me and the boys. :flwr:

Good morning everone just a update on Barney he is fine and so am I .I have just order a new harrness on line with the other one being that he got out of it ----Aileen

Back