• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bateson report: recommends regulation, breeder registration

Education is a huge issue and that needs to be a key role of the breed clubs/KCs/individual breeders -- it is directly connected to the remit of being a caretaker of the breed as a whole.

I too believe that education is key to saving our breed. It seems to me that the education of breeders that are not members of a cavalier club, and the information that will help buyers to make sensible choices, has to come from the Kennel Club.

The breed clubs are in the best position to put pressure on the KC to send out health information with registration papers and make advice about responsible breeders easily available to pet owners.
In the light of this belief I have again agreed to be nominated for the Cavalier Club committee.

Some of you will remember that I was nominated last year, and as nobody else stood as a candidate I was elected unopposed. The officers and some of the committee members then threatened to resign and I withdrew my nomination rather than see the Cavalier Club destroyed.

Earlier this year I made the Cavalier Club officers aware that I would probably stand for the committee again, and told them that if they did not want me back on the committee it was their responsibility to nominate enough credible candidates to beat me in a vote of the whole membership.

I will repeat what I said then.......... if I am elected either because I am voted on by the membership, or because there is no other candidates, I will not again be blackmailed into withdrawing.
If the committee again decides to resign in the face of threats of more SGMs, then that is their decision, and any harm done to the Club will be their responsibility.

I'm delighted to hear this, Margaret. If elected by the Club membership, you can help to steer the Cavalier breed towards a very healthy future.

I think the majority of the Club members will now be convinced of your expertise in the breeds' health issues, your support of a culture of honesty and openness, your capacity for hard work, and your personal integrity.

I will be voting for you.

Carol

Bateson Report:Recommends Regulation,Breeder Registration

Same here Carol.

I am sure many others who don't like the Injustice that was meted out to Margaret ,will be doing the same.

If any one is interested there are some of the COI on the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club .Inc website .

Go onto the Health part ,scroll to Heritage bit ,and you will see some there.

this was done with a 10 generation formula

Can anyone help with this?

I can't figure out where to find this info, but don't even know if I've started with the right website.

http://www.thecavalierclub.co.uk/start.html

I started at the above url, and found "health" on the side bar to the left, but can't find "Heritage" anywhere.

Thanx ahead of time.

Oreo

Bateson Report :Recommends Regulation ,Breeder Registration

Oreo,

Silly Me,A Senior Moment, look at

cavalierkingcharlesspanielclub.usa.inc

I am a member of this American Cavalier Club,and had sent them the List I had collected over the years of Long Lived Cavaliers,wondering whether it would maybe help the USA Cavalier Breeders with their Breeding Programs ,since many American Cavaliers likely would have the British Cavaliers in their Pedigree Backgounds.

This was put on the Club's ,What they call their Heritage Site.

Some-body else worked out the COI for some of the Cavaliers .

Just go to the Club's Health Part on their Web Site, scroll to Heritage and you should see what I'm talking about.

If you've still a problem ,just get back to me.

Got it now.(y) Thanks again for the help.

Just an observation after looking at the list and comparing some of the COIs to those on the AENA site - the AENA COIs must not be over 10 generations.

On the few that I've looked at here, they jump from in the 13-14% range on the AENA site, to 24-25% on the Club list.

Oreo

Last edited:
Back