• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bloomers

hbmama

I prefer a lovely Cavalier in full coat with little or no trimming. However, my girl is a pet and not being shown so I do have a choice here. The problem is her bum bloomers. We did a minor sanitary clip around that area last time she was groomed but left the bloomers intact. I am getting tired of having to do the bum scrub when she urinates or leaves little poo clingons behind after she does her business.:rolleyes:

Has anyone here just shaved them off or thinned them up to alleviate this problem? Does it look funny? (I am afraid of ending up with Cavalier monkey butt). Anyone having done this sanitary clip have pictures to post? I am still trying to decide if I want to keep scrubbing them or remove them all together....Your thoughts?

i prefer to keep the lovely long coat after all thats the cavalier glamour :)

I'd rather clean the cling on LOL

I love the full length coat,legs and bum :luv:but i can sympathise with u.... my Lucie is not a fan of being brushed!!!:(
I trim the underneath of her ears,under her front paws(or arms as i say) and wee bit off her "chest wig" as I call it as these are the places that are most likely to matt badly.But you would never know that she is slightly trimmed...its very minimal.
Could you not slightly trim around her bottom area??? I am considering havin this area thinned on Lucie as hers is almost on the ground and we do walks around trails where she is litterally covered in branches when we return to the car!
Will be interested on any pics posted!!!!
L.x

I take the longer hair off the girls on their hind legs -- mainly as they are both quite small cavaliers -- 12 lbs and 12.5 lbs -- and they end up always dragging those longer hairs in their urine. 'Cling' is less of a problem for me. :lol: Also both girls really are sensitive at having mats brushed out in that area and the coat would mat easily, again because they would get a lot of stuff in it when they squat.

Thinning would probably not be noticeable, done by a good groomer, but I'd guess the issue is more length, not heaviness of coat.

I used to be of the 'no trimming' school, but with the small girls and their long coats (especially Lucy who has a really full long coat) this has been an ongoing issue. I am sure it is exacerbated by the fact that my dogs are city dogs and don't generally have grass to pee in, which would kind of hold up the hair -- instead they pee on pavement and it puddles and their skirt drags right in it.

I doubt anyone would look at either dog and notice mine do not have really long leg hair as there's still plenty there.

Back