• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

CALENDAR ORDER MADE!!! 70 TOTAL!!! !!!UPDATED!!!

Thanks Ashley for all your hard work on this...you've done a brilliant job :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

I can't wait to see them...

:wggle: I'm so excited! I can't wait to see the calendar! :jmp2:
Thank you so much Ashley for all your hard work! :cffee: You are amazing! :rah: b*n*n*

ORDER MADE!!! 70 TOTAL - EXPECTED DONATION ABOUT $700 US

The scheduled arrival date here is the 21st to the 24th - That includes US Thanksgiving so it may change...if they are here then I will pack them up next weekend and get them out in plenty of time for Xmas!!

Yayyyy!!!!!!
Woo hoo!!!!!! :w**h**: Wow! Good job!
Maybe now you can get some sleep!? :slp:

Thanks sooooo much!

duncans_ma said:
Linda said:
You are so cute Ashley. :D :D :D :D :D

Yes, Linda, I am sure after this no one will have any trouble guessing that I am an accountant. We are a wonderful breed of people....completely obsessive compulsive, type A, never sleep, drink tons of coffee, work 90 hours a week...etc..thank god I am already married...I question everyday how I am tolerated :D :D :D :D

Hey Ashley

You are one damm wonderful breed. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah tea granny here, never tasted coffee. Just think if you keep that pace up you will be able to retire in no time. :mexwav:

Your hubby is one lucky fellow, your tolerated sweetie cause your good.
(y)

Just wait till the little witty human babies come along, I am sure I read they are in your future plans at one point. :bang: Then you will need 180 cups of coffee. :D :D :D

ORDER MADE!!! 70 TOTAL - EXPECTED DONATION ABOUT $700 US

The scheduled arrival date here is the 21st to the 24th - That includes US Thanksgiving so it may change...if they are here then I will pack them up next weekend and get them out in plenty of time for Xmas!!

Way to go Ashley, that is amazing.

Now go have another cup of coffee. :D :D :D

You did a outstanding job.
:thnku:

OH, WOW !!! :w*w:

You know what is amazing to me is you were only 2 calendars off of your original estimation!!

Way to go Ashley!!! :) You have done such a good job and you should be VERY proud of yourself!! :)

So are you?!

Ashley:

Thanks for everything you've done to see this project through to completion. I'm sure it's going to look wonderful. As a matter of fact, I was in PetCo and PetSmart today and noticed they actually had 2007 Cavalier calendars; first time I've ever seen them stocked at either store. I had to check 'em out and your photos are soooo much nicer. I like seeing each dog's personality in each shot, but the ones at the store were all perfectly groomed and posed Cavaliers. Beautiful...yes. But not very realistic...at least not at my house.

Good job and I can't wait to get mine!

Mickey

Wow, all of you are so amazing for submitting pics, and placing orders, and Ashley for organising all of this... really am speechless. What an extraordinary amount of hard work and what a great level of support. And the pictures are all so beautiful; much BETTER than the mass produced calendars and their cavalier pictures. I am really excited about seeing this when I get out to California again in December. I just feel so foolish for not realising you were doing this all for rescue :sl*p: . I can;t believe I was posting to the threads and admiring the dog pics without any clue as to the bigger picture!! :lol: I must pay more attention to my own site in future. :roll: :lol:

I've really needed an emergency fund for special cases as I know they will come in; also having some finances enables me to try and see if I can cajole more dogs out of bad breeding situations. Thanks so much, everyone who cares so much about this lovely breed.

One thing I'd really like to say to all is that, there are so many ways you can be part of rescue work and this has been one of them. You don't need to be the one who takes in or fosters or transports dogs. Help comes from so many levels -- it can be the people who take the time to write letters to powers that be; that put pressure on pet stores selling cavaliers; that contribute funds, that make blankets and toys for rescue dogs; that post to a board like this about needy cases, pound dogs, etc. Or that create and buy a calendar to raise rescue funds. :flwr: Everything contributes to the bigger picture. :)

I am just thrilled at how well this has come out!! Ashley you are phenomenal!!! Kudos and high fives to you girlfriend! Excellent job. Karlin, I am thrilled that we were able to raise this much to help you out. Our pleasure entirely! I love when I am able to purchase something and know that part of the money is going to rescue...especially to someone so worthwhile. Great super job everyone!

Yay! Great work, Ashley - it's awesome that you put this together, and great that we can help out the rescue! It's sad to see Cavaliers treated so poorly when we know what lovely dogs they are - I'm so glad we could do something to help out, and get a wonderful calendar at the same time!!

Ashley,

How many are coming over to the UK? They may be better to go to my work address if there is a lot ( I can' t see our postman carrying alot of calenders!)

At first count (and I am still collecting some mailing addresses) it will be at least 30. I am still trying to sort out which mail/ups/fedex to use and be as economical as possible.

The good news is that thanks to Johns work we have plenty of mailing envelopes at home big enough for 1-5 calendars so I have asked for his assistance in organizing the calendars once they come in. This way you should receive only one big box with the calendars already sorted and addressed. All you will have to do is post and send!

Linda, I may just send Canada myself - as of right now I only have you and one other person in Canada but I will let you know.

Ashley,

Linda and I live not even 1 hr from each other. It would be pointless to send to both of us as we are so close. Besides I need to see her little furries again, I am having withdrawls!! icon_whistling

duncans_ma said:
At first count (and I am still collecting some mailing addresses) it will be at least 30. I am still trying to sort out which mail/ups/fedex to use and be as economical as possible.

The good news is that thanks to Johns work we have plenty of mailing envelopes at home big enough for 1-5 calendars so I have asked for his assistance in organizing the calendars once they come in. This way you should receive only one big box with the calendars already sorted and addressed. All you will have to do is post and send!

Linda, I may just send Canada myself - as of right now I only have you and one other person in Canada but I will let you know.

Ashley:

I know when things are shipped from the US into Canada by UPS /FED EX we often get hit with Duty Charges, not sure how that works in Britain.

I am surprised that you only have 4 Calendars to send to Canada. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I would just pop those in the mail Ashley. :D :D

As they can be labelled 'gifts' there shouldn't be charges. If I were going to be back earlier, they could have just come to me and I'd carry the box over and mail from Ireland but I won't be to the US til close to the holidays. :|

Just put the value on the box quite low as well. EG $25 for the box for example, or $50.

Me too! I'm also in Canada and have 3 calendars on my order! I think it's more than you realize coming up over the border.

I would request if possible, that you don't ship UPS to us Canadians - they slam us with "brokerage" charges that sometimes even exceed the value of the item! The rest of the couriers or the postal service have reasonable fees....

Krista

coco's mom ~ when are we all gonna get together with our doglets for a little fiesta!? Maybe we'll have a calendar distributing fiesta, LOL. :)

I have personally had bad luck with UPS. I have found that even though USPS is a few dollars more I've never gotten hit with customs yet *knock on wood!*

Back