• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavaliers - More Denial and Dissent

Cavaliers-more denial and dissent

I agree that reading the Dog World article it would be hard to know just why the proposal to change the way that this particular BVA/KC Scheme is recorded is thought necessary.

I think that you may need to read the actual points of the proposal on the Cavalier Club website www.thecavalierclub.co.uk

Point 3........... Neither CM or SM grades will be published, nor will they be accessible via the Health Test Result Finder.

This is contrary to every other official scheme, they are open registries, and there can only be one reason for the KC making that proposal.

A lot of things are unsaid, after all no breeder is openly going to admit he does not want other breeders and puppy buyers to know for sure he has not MRI'd his stud dog.
It would be even worse for people to know that he has scanned his champion dog but now refuses to divulge the results.

I think even this concession will not be enough for the Cavalier breeders that now act as the voice of cavalier club members in the UK, although they will not come out and say what everyone knows is the true objection to the scheme.

The latest fairly feeble excuse is the fact that some scans will not meet the criteria for the new scheme, a fact that has been known for a very long time.

It is true that there will be some cavaliers that have been scanned, perhaps more than once, & I understand that it will be galling if the KC health finder then brings up a message that no result is recorded.

I'm sure that this can be easily sorted, all that is needed is for the health liaison chairman to talk to the KC and suggest that the words " no results recorded under this current scheme" should show up instead if a copy of an old scan certificate is submitted.

I'm equally sure that some other objection to the scheme will suddenly become apparent.

I would like to think that some of the silent majority of decent responsible breeders are writing to the KC & BVA to let them know what they really want.

CAVALIERS- MORE DENIAL AND DISSENT

I am just wondering after reading on the UK CKCS CLUB WEB SITE the name of the New KC HEALTH REPRESENTATIVE for the Cavalier Liason Committee.

This could not possible be the same Person who has ignored both the Researchers and CKCS CLUB'S Breeding Guideline Recommendations and Bred from an Underage Cavalier.

Surely not!!!!!

Cavaliers- more denial and dissent

The problem I have with that PDE blog entry is that it leaves its author open to tangential attack by opponents because the blog is misleading. When you give the opposition the opportunity to question your credibility because of a gap between what you assert the Dog World article says and what it actually says, you allow that opposition to re-frame the issue, and you, the blogger, become the focus of attack on the grounds of inaccuracy, and therefore, lack of credibility. You also leave readers scratching their heads trying to figure out what you are complaining about, when they go to the Dog World and cannot find anything remotely related to what you claim is to be found there.

CAVALIERS-MORE DENIAL AND DISSENT

At Least the PDE Blog gives the Prospective Cavaliers Buyers a Picture of what is happening in the Cavalier World here to-day in Britain.

That there is a Rotten Core of Cavalier Breeders who are determined not to allow the MRI Scan Results be Published.

Margaret's Post can explain this better than I can ,but what are those Cavalier Breeders Scared of, let them tell every-body , would they mention this to the KC Meeting the reason for not wanting those Results Published.

Bet

The problem I have with that PDE blog entry is that it leaves its author open to tangential attack by opponents because the blog is misleading. When you give the opposition the opportunity to question your credibility because of a gap between what you assert the Dog World article says and what it actually says, you allow that opposition to re-frame the issue, and you, the blogger, become the focus of attack on the grounds of inaccuracy, and therefore, lack of credibility. You also leave readers scratching their heads trying to figure out what you are complaining about, when they go to the Dog World and cannot find anything remotely related to what you claim is to be found there.

I see the PDE blog has now been edited to clarify the Dog World report & a link to Carol Fowler's cavaliercampaign website has been added.

Cavaliers-more denial and dissent

I see the PDE blog has now been edited to clarify the Dog World report & a link to Carol Fowler's cavaliercampaign website has been added.

CAVALIERS -MORE DENIAL AND DISSENT

Margaret ,thanks for this Information, it is even more Damning than the First Blog.

The Message seems to be getting across to the Cavalier Buying Public about the SM and MVD Health Problems in our Cavalier Breed for the Cavalier Registrations to have Dropped by about a Quarter.

Since some of the Hard Core of Vociferous Cavalier Breeders will insist that those Problems of SM and MVD have come from the Puppy Farms , it looks as though Cavalier Buyers are not buying Cavaliers from those Places either ,for the Cavalier Registrations to have fallen so Dramatically as this.

Some of Cavalier Breeders keep insisting about those Problems coming from the Puppy Farms, I do wish they would Publish the Evidence to Prove this Claim.

By the way I have E-Mailed the Kennel Club my Thoughts on what is Happening to our Beloved Cavalier Breed , that it probably won't Survive if this MRI Scheme is Thwarted by some Cavalier Breeders who are Determined not to let it go Ahead.

Bet

Back