• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cheapest flea treatment

harleyfarley

where do you all get your flea treatments from i get mine from the vet and is quite expensive im sure you could get it cheaper online. di

In the spring Drs. Foster & Smith always have a sale on flea treatments. After you pay shipping to ship over seas I don't know if you'd save much money though. For me it's a lot cheaper than the Vets. :)

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/

I get mine from here http://www.bestpet.co.uk/ have this deal on at the moment £25.07 Bundle includes 1 x 6 pack of Frontline Spot on Dog 0-10kg and 2 X Drontal Plus Worming tablets. Sufficient Flea and Worming treatment for 6 months for your dog.

get mine from here http://www.bestpet.co.uk/ have this deal on at the moment £25.07 Bundle includes 1 x 6 pack of Frontline Spot on Dog 0-10kg and 2 X Drontal Plus Worming tablets. Sufficient Flea and Worming treatment for 6 months for your dog.

wow - thats really cheap. Think i paid as much as that for 3 frontlines last time :eek:

I get mine from www.hyperdrug.co.uk they are about £21.- fo 6 x frontline for small dogs.

Should add that I get my Gabapentin from them too and it is abou £8 for 100 capsules.

Last edited:
Hi

I note you all like me still use Frontline ,and I know the question has been put before but is the overall opinion still that Frontline is the preferred choice ahead of all others.

You have to phone them for the Gabapentin and they order it for you. Also have to send them a prescription, it usually only takes a couple of days. I would try to get a scrip for 2 or 3 months supply as you usually have to pay to get one nowadays.

Hi

I note you all like me still use Frontline ,and I know the question has been put before but is the overall opinion still that Frontline is the preferred choice ahead of all others.

Frontline stopped working for Charlie McFarlie when he was around 5.
The poor guy was itching and we didn't realize the treatment just wasn't working anymore. I switched to Advantix and it works great.

I have used Stronghold for some years now. It's a little cheaper than Frontline and also contains an effective wormer and protects against ear mites. My late Hattie had terrible infestations of mites before I used Stronghold, but was free of them within a couple of weeks.

Stronghold is a prescription only product but there are many on line suppliers who will dispense at a lower price than the vet.

I have used Stronghold for some years now. It's a little cheaper than Frontline and also contains an effective wormer and protects against ear mites. My late Hattie had terrible infestations of mites before I used Stronghold, but was free of them within a couple of weeks.

Stronghold is a prescription only product but there are many on line suppliers who will dispense at a lower price than the vet.

I use Stronghold. I get it from my vet and for my three it costs me £16 every month what I think is expensive.

We switch out between advantage and frontline plus. We use one for the winter and one for the summer. We think its kind of like hair stuff for you. If you use the same stuff all the time, your hair gets used to it and it just seems to need a change. Sounds crazy, but I know a few people that do this.

But it is all expensive, but it worth no fleas!

My vet asked me to try Programme plus on my cocker spaniel but I wasn't very keen on it, he still had a few bouts of fleas.
When I went back to the vet and said I wasn't too happy with it she put him back on Frontline and gave me a free month!
I guess different things work for different dogs.

This is my first post to the board here. I just happened to see Rosewoodsteel's location. Looks like we are neighbors, I am in Upper Marlboro, Md. :)
Didn't mean to gt off track, but jut had to say hi!! :dogwlk:

Back