• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chrisandawn Rebel Rebel 18/11/2002 - 6/11/2014

ByFloSin

It is with the heaviest of hearts that I tell you I had to ask the vet to help my beautiful boy to cross to Rainbow Bridge on Thursday afternoon. The ravages of age, heart disease, arthritis and especially SM had just become too much for him to bear, neither could I bear to watch him suffer for even one day longer. Fortunately his beloved vet, Mrs Thompson, was taking surgery today, so he left us peacefully while being held and loved by the two ladies whom he loved the most.

R.I.P.Mister Rebel, my sweet and handsome boy, my man of the house. Life will be so hard without you standing faithfully by my side.

He will be back home where he belongs in about a week from now, his ashes encased in a distinguished looking Birchwood casket.

How empty the house is .

Oh Flo, I am so sorry you had to make this decision. I can remember Rebel at club shows in his younger and healthier days, such a lovely boy. It is so hard that Cavaliers have so little chance of living into a happy and healthy old age, and when you have had them for nearly 12 years the gap they leave is huge.

Thinking of you :hug:

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Terribly sorry to read your news Flo, your poor boy had so much to deal with, you made the kindest decision for him, although it is very hard.

im sure the house feels very empty, after that length of time they are such a large part of your life, it's like losing an arm :(

kepping you in our thoughts at this sad time.

I am so sorry Flo -- Rebel, to me, was so synonymous with you and your posts on cavaliers over so many years and is the cavalier that brought you together with so many of us through the common concern of caring for an SM dog and learning as much as we all could about this condition and its ups and downs.

It is these cavaliers, belonging to people I've known on cavalier forums for a decade or so now that live so large in my mind and heart and I know the same is true for so many other people here. These dogs are the real pioneers that have helped us all develop in compassion and expertise, gave us hopes as well as concerns for the future of the breed.

They are also the pathfinders that have helped countless other cavaliers and their owners. I know we all wish in many ways that they never had to take on that role because dealing with such illnesses is so difficult for the dogs and their families. But Rebel gave so much to so many, through you, because you could share your experience with him and your knowledge with all of us.

He is a special dog to many of us. Deepest condolences.

I am so very sorry Flo that you had to take the toughest yet kindest decision to release Rebel to Rainbow bridge. He will be sadly missed, RIP sweet boy x

My heart goes out to you and family. I too have had to make that decision just lately with Killian. It is definitely life changing as one of your loved ones is no longer there to cuddle with. At the end of the day when you get a moment to reflect... just know that he knows how much you cared and loved him. I can tell you first hand how much the house is empty and quiet. Even though Killian did not bark, his presence spoke volumes!

Scott

& the spirit of Killian

Back