• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

CONGRATULATIONS LINDA ...and welcome

I can't believe your baby is finally home. Seems like it was just a few days ago we were moaning about how long it would be. . . Darby is so beautiful and what a charmer he appears to be. He won't be a bit spoiled will he? I'm sure big brother will come around very soon. I think almost all Cav's love having a companion. Maybe just a tad jealous right now. Keep the pics coming. Welcome to our newest little guy! (I feel like we all have a part of him - international surrogate mommies.) Best of luck to you, Linda. I'm so very happy for you.

JaneB

Lulu I'm so thrilled for Derrick that he and Darby have bonded already, that's so sweet.

It sounds like you have this potty training down to a fine art already...we will all be coming to you for advice :D It makes such a difference when the breeder has already made a start by having the pups out on different surfaces and having a specific toilet area away from the "nest".

Darby is just GORGEOUS, he really is going to grow up to be a stunning boy...we are so pleased for you, i know it's been a long wait and rather stressful, but worth it to have that special guy in your arms now.

I'm sure Dudley will come round...when we had Rupert we still had my Westie, Katie. She was okayish with him the first afternoon he came home, but the next morning she just gave me this look to say "he's not STILL here is he?" :D They did learn to live together though.

Most Cavaliers really enjoy having a companion, I'm sure in just a few weeks they will be the best of friends and snuggle up and you will wonder why you worried.

Hope you had a good night last night too.

Oh what a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boy!!! Just love them both and enjoy your gorgeous boys Linda. You deserve it!!!! :)
Julie and the girls

Linda, he's just gorgeous. I just want to smoosh that little face against mine LOL

How is Dudley with him now? Is he getting more accepting of him?

When we got Charlie, Maxx thought it was great - for about two days! Then the looks like "When is he going home?" started :lol:

He's been here for seven months now and they will occasionally curl up and sleep together but Maxx has definitely grown to like him. He still stands and watches as Charlie plays though. It's almost like he's the 'childminder' LOL

Maxxs_Mummy said:
Linda, he's just gorgeous. I just want to smoosh that little face against mine LOL

How is Dudley with him now? Is he getting more accepting of him?

When we got Charlie, Maxx thought it was great - for about two days! Then the looks like "When is he going home?" started :lol:

He's been here for seven months now and they will occasionally curl up and sleep together but Maxx has definitely grown to like him. He still stands and watches as Charlie plays though. It's almost like he's the 'childminder' LOL

Donna
They are gettin on brilliant now, it has been a month and a drastic change in the last few days. I had Darby at the Vet today and I was asking her
about how Dudley is interacting she did advise that if Dudley did not
like Darby he would of most likely bit the annoying little guy by now.

But how could he, Donna he is so so sweet he follows Dudley everywhere and Dudley now allows him to sleep and curl up beside him and they are playing together too. I had Darby out all day at the Vets as it is very far from my home when I came home Dudley was all over him so he surely missed him.

I will post some new pictures next week.
Darby is almost 13 weeks old already.

You are so Lucky! He looks Gorgeous!!!
Im sure your older dog will come around, my Shepherd Zeke never wanted ANTTHING to do with Cass when we brought her home,and they ended up being the best of play mates. Then the Girls, same thing again, its taken a lot of "sucking up" from Bella & Kaidie, but he's coming around. I even caught him playing chasey this morning,but when he seen me watching he looked the other way and started sniffing, like, I wasnt playing !

Back