• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Congratulations To Senator Barack Hussein Obama

Brian M

Hi

And congragulations to Senator Obama on this his inauguartion day as the 44 th President of the United States of America and let us all hope that we now embark upon a new world era that more fully embraces peace ,economic stabilty and growth and equality for all.:)

In Ireland they have been doing an entire morning radio show from the tiny town of Moneygall which is where he can claim Irish ancestry (the Irish ALWAYS find a family connection... :rotfl:.

I'm going over to friends this afternoon, bearing hotdogs, to watch the inauguration on TV. :)

I have been through Moneygall - not a wild lot to get excited about :D

Sure doesnt the new president have a fine Irish name - O'Bama:rotfl:
Hopefully things will start to look up

Hi Karlin

My Dad was born in Sligo and I have had many good hols all over Ireland but I do not know where Moneygall is:confused: and My Uncle Bill from Fort Mitchell Kentucky (died last Year ) who married my Mums sister my Auntie Peggy during the war (WW2) he was in the USAF stationed in Burtonwood (just outside Warrington ) when he met my Auntie ,she was in the Wrac but my Gran refused permission for them to marry as she did not want a Yank in the family so they eloped to London and got married there and went back to the US and produced 8 children and a happy married life .But I wander what I was going to say was Bill was very proud of his Irish roots and each time he came back to the UK he always ensured he stopped in Ireland first for a weeks holiday ,and off course I am Half Irish half Welsh and a Scouser and my American connection apart from now thousands of cousins is our Stephen the mad professor who works for NASA and resides in Washington DC and is now a US citizen ,so like all the American /Irish /UK connection is strong and we are all one big Happy Family:)

Moneygall is in Co_Offaly (the Midlands)

I have only been to America once to Washingon DC and I loved it. I didnt want to leave. We had people working at the museums telling us about the sights they had seen in Ireland while here on holiday and we were standing there with red faces because we had never visited any of them!

Hi shivers

Thats about par for the course we travel half was around the world but we miss things on our own doorstep.:confused:

Hi

And congragulations to Senator Obama on this his inauguartion day as the 44 th President of the United States of America and let us all hope that we now embark upon a new world era that more fully embraces peace ,economic stabilty and growth and equality for all.:)

Yes congratulations!!:)

I'm from the midlands and have never been to Moneygall:p.The general consensus was that if you had to drive through it,you'd be best to put your foot hard on the accelerator and drive as fast as you could:D:D:D.
Offaly seems to produce great politicians and (Brian Cowen as well) and of course it's most famous sons Dara O'Briain and Wayne Rooney.
So girls, if you want a good man,best get yourself down to Offaly!!
I'm so delighted to see Obama in the whitehouse.Hope the poor guy can live up to the hype.
Sins

Offaly seems to produce great politicians and (Brian Cowen as well) and of course it's most famous sons Dara O'Briain and Wayne Rooney.So girls, if you want a good man,best get yourself down to Offaly!!
*Disclaimer: I didn't guarantee they'd be good looking,OK?
Sins

Hi sins

Biffa the Bear is a Scouser born and bred though Liverpool is the Capital city of Ireland :confused:,Rooney is also a turncoat remember his t shirt that said Once A Blue Always A Blue then he promptly left The Peoples Club and joined the mancs ,I was at his first senior game in the FA Youth Cup against Villa also his first First team game against Arsenal when he scored , it may show I am also a Bluenose .Everton F C . :):):)

though Liverpool is the Capital city of Ireland :confused:, it may show I am also a Bluenose .Everton F C . :):):)

Liverpool is the capital of Ireland???

Everton supporter - Sure we wont hold that against you :p

Sins, are you trying to imply that Brian Cowan is not good looking?

Biffa the Bear is a Scouser born and bred though Liverpool is the Capital city of Ireland
He's as Irish as Obama is:)
If at any time you don't want him on your international soccer team,we'll do you a big favour and take him off your hands(granny rule still applies).
Why are Offaly people called names like Biffa and Biffo? Our Taoiseach(prime minister)is called BIFFO.If I were to tell you what Biffo stands for I'd be thrown off the site immediately.
I live next door to a Liverpudlian Everton supporter.Nice chap!
Sins

Sins, are you trying to imply that Brian Cowan is not good looking?
Not at all!
Neapolitan Mastiffs are a noble and Majestic guard dog, I just happen to prefer cavaliers;)

I read on Ryan O'Meara's dogmagazine that the Obama Pooch might well be a portuguese water dog or a labradoodle.I had hoped he'd get a pitbull and the girls could put lipstick on it.
Sins

Not at all!
Neapolitan Mastiffs are a noble and Majestic guard dog, I just happen to prefer cavaliers;)

LOL......me too

I read on Ryan O'Meara's dogmagazine that the Obama Pooch might well be a portuguese water dog or a labradoodle.I had hoped he'd get a pitbull and the girls could put lipstick on it.
Sins

We dont talk about 'her' in my house any more. My nerves were shot during that election campaign thinking they could win. My OH loves her, she is like his ideal woman. Nobody could speak (or even breathe too loud) when she was on TV.

Ill have to catch the highlights of the inauguration (sp?) later on. Work definitely interferes with my daytime television watching

:w**h**: :w**h**: :w**h**: :w**h**:

Congrats President Obama, a real step forward for racial equality

:rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah:

just watched the whole inauguration streamed.
I am proud to be American today!

Jen

Me too Jen. First time in several years I feel proud of our country and have such great hope for our journey forward all together!!

Congratulations to our new President and to his family!

Not since John F. Kennedy's inaugural speech have I heard such eloquence, hope and a strong dose of reality in so short a speech. I didn't see any telepromptors; wonder if any were there?

Heather R

Back