• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

crates at night time

I can't fit them all on the bed- so 60% are on my bed, 40% (this % includes a 17 week old rescue and a 19 week pup) sleep in crates.

Yes mine have a large puppy pen that they all sleep in at night, other than my oldie, Rupert, who sleeps on the bed with us, or sometimes in his {open} Crate in teh bedroom.

I think it is a good habit for the dogs to be in, at some point in their lives they may need confining at the vets, or following surgery, and it's less stressful if they are already used to a crate. It's also brilliant for house training puppies :)

Mine also have a crate in the kitchen, a large vari kennel, which is left open, and whenever I am in the kitchen, there is always someone settled happily in the crate.

Yes, Dylan sleeps in his crate at night, he quite often slips in there at around 11pm if he's extra tired thinking he has got out of his last toilet trip and having his teeth brushed.

Maverick sleeps in a crate next to my bed every night but he does spend all day sleeping in my bed.

Yip, Bobby sleeps in his crate all night just off the kitchen. There isn't a sound from him until we hear his wagging tail when we come down to him in the morning.

I guess that I'm the first one to reply that both of mine sleep in our bed! Along with one, sometimes both of our cats! I think we need a king size bed... :paw::paw::c*t::c*t: I would like to add that they love their crate and are more than happy to sleep in it; we just love cuddling with them :luv: Now if we could only fix that snoring...:rolleyes:

Some of mine are crated at night, some of them I let sleep with me - They sleep in a crate until reliably house trained, then I rotate through who gets to sleep in the bed at night - Except for Amber and my Hannah, they're spoiled rotten and always sleep with mom! 8 dogs(or more, depending on how many rescue kids are in my house at the moment!) in a twin sized bed is just a little to crowded for me LOL

Harvey has always slept in his crate and loves it. He gets his own space as Bella sleeps on the floor next to his cage and she can't annoy him through the bars ;-). She won't sleep in one - but that is something to do with the majority of her life been locked in one, now she's free she wants to stay that way.

I think it gives the dog a safe place to enjoy their rest at night time.. Harvey is up all night if he is not in his closed crate.... Suppose it's what they have become accustomed to in their lives...

Our girl has her crate next to my side of the bed. She follows me around after nine pm and acts put out if I am not ready to go to bed then. After last potty break she runs into the crate and curls up for the night.

We plan on traveling with her up the coast and to the mountains later on this year after she is spayed. Some hotels prefer that your pets are crate trained, and it will certainly make travels much easier if she has her own little "mobile home" along in a strange location!

My 14 YO jack russel X sleeps in a crate in our room with the door open (she LOVES her bed), but Casey sleeps on the floor next to the bed or on the bathroom floor, and Ollie sleeps in bed with us.

Yes, Jato sleeps in his crate all night. We keep it in the family room downstairs, but we can hear him wimper when needs to be left out to go potty. We have a 7 year old cat that sleeps in bed with us, and she would be VERY unhappy if we left the puppy in our bed too.

My two sleep in there own crates at night, they love it and they sleep so soundly they have their own bedroom we call it the dogs room.:p All day long they have the freedom of the house they are the best dogs.
judy

All of mine have slept in crates all night until they are an age where I can trust them not to get in mischief.

We have between 3 and 4 who sleep in bed with us. The rest are in their crates. We rotate every several months so everyone gets their turn in bed. It's particularily nice having dogs in bed with us in the winter when the thermostat gets turned down to about 66 degrees. What's interesting is that the dogs sometimes get too hot and will jump off the bed and sleep on the hardwood floor!

Back