• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Desperate; Is there any hope for a dog that has bitten someone over food?

First, if he has not had one, he needs a very thorough physical examination and related blood work and consultation with a Vet who will take the time to review the issues and make certain that there is not a health issue at play. Second, does this woman want to continue to work on the problem with him or is she so frightened and apprehensive that she is not going to be able to do it? If there is going to be an effort to continue to work on the problem then he needs to be with someone highly motivated and either personally skilled in working on behaviour issues or able and willing to work with someone who is.

I am not a trainer and not skilled in dealing with problem dogs, but I do think we humans create or exacerbate food aggression issues and once they are there they are difficult to break. I have some ideas but in this case I think it will take someone who can observe the dog over time to manage this issue with this fellow.

Good luck,

Last edited:
Go to www.dogstardaily.com. Dr. Ian Dunbar is a vet and a wonderful trainer. He has alot of information on all forms of aggression including food aggression. I havent had that problem myself, but I have used his techniques on other issues with very good results. Best of luck.

im sure someone would be happy to give him a home knowing the problem.
if you think about it dogs are only eating for a few minutes a day he has to be given another chance.

Back