• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Devastated by sudden loss of my 2 year old boy

I have no words...I can't imagine what you must be going through. I teared up when I read your heartbreaking story...life just doesn't make sense sometimes. My girl means the world to me, I don't even know how I would deal with something like that. I'm so terribly sorry :(

I am so sorry to read about the sudden loss of your Charlie. What a sudden and tragic thing to have happen to him. Take care of yourself, and know that we are all sharing in your pain.

Thank you ALL from the bottom of my heart for all your kind words! I am overwhelmed at all of the messages. It really does help me to hear all of your thoughts at this trying time. I shared the posts with my husband and he says thank you, too! You all are a really special group of people. But what else can you expect from Cav owners? :) Thank you again to everyone who replied!!

Hugs,
Amy

100_0865-1.jpg

Last edited:
Amy - So very sorry that Charlie has gone to the bridge far too soon under such tragic circumstances.

What a super picture of him - he certainly was a handsome boy. Maybe when you feel up to it you would like to share more pictures of him.

Sending you and your family :hug:

Oh my God, I am so so sorry to hear your sad news, you poor things, what a beautiful wee dog. Thinking of you at this time, it does (eventually) get a little easier...but it takes a long time.... :(

Amy; I am so sorry of your loss of Charlie so suddenly. I hope that you stay in touch with the board. When our golden died I found that staying in touch with other owners of goldens helped ease somewhat my loss.

Charlie was a beautiful boy.

Heather R

Im so very sorry for your loss of such a stunning special little fella & in such circumstances, my heart goes out to you.Be kind to yourselves,take care:flwr::flwr:

I am so sorry for your loss. Its very hard when its so sudden :(

Charlie was a truly beautiful boy

Just wanted to say thank you all again for your amazingly kind and comforting words. I've visited the board quite a few times since first posting to read the new replies and to re-read the old replies.

Heather R encouraged me to stay in touch with the board because it helped her when she lost her Golden to stay in touch with other owners of Goldens. I've found myself reading through the various threads on this board the past few days and do find that doing so helps me feel connected in some way to Charlie. I'd like to stay in touch with the board, but feel sort of awkward since I don't have Charlie anymore, esp. since I had never posted before this incident! I don't know in what way to participate. I guess I'll find my own way with it.

I'm so glad I posted our story. Your kind words have helped me more than I can express. Thanks again.

Hugs,
Amy

Charlie was such a handsome boy, you can see teh love he had for you in his eyes.

I'm sure you must miss him desperately - it's so hard when they are taken from you suddenly and tragically.

It's good that you posted - I hope it helps, many of us understand exactly what you are going through having lost our own Cavaliers suddenly - you feel that they and you have been cheated. :flwr::flwr:

We all adore our Cavaliers so can empathise - and do hope that you stop with us - there are a few members who sadly find their lives empty of a Cavalier right now but still like to join in - it's a link with their beloved breed. I hope you find a place on here - and maybe in time feel able to open your life and heart to another precious wee one.

Right now there will just be a terrible raw pain but taht does ease, I think you always carry a sadness, but you will start to remember the happy times and be able to look back and enjoy the memories and your photos.

Give yourselves time to grieve, Charlie was an important member of your family and people need to respect that even if they don't understand your feelings.

Take care :flwr:

I am so so so sorry, I haven't been on here recently because of my sudden loss also, so sorry for the delayed sympathies. We to lost our 2 year old suddenly, but not in the tragic circumstances that you did. I know ( we all know ) how you are feeling, numb, tired emotional. It is over 3 months since Todo was taken, and I won't lie, it still hurts like made, but that proves we ment so much to us, and you will always have the memories of your relatively short time together. Don't try and rush the grieving period like I did, eventually you will be able to smile at pictures and memories. Our thoughts go to you at this time, Regards from all my human and K9 family

I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I had some words that could take away the hurt for you and your family. you will be in my thoughts

Charlie was a gorgeous boy.
I was crying just reading your story. My heart goes out to you and your husband.
Like everyone says take time to grieve and please stay on this Forum. No other dog will ever be able to replace Charlie but maybe in time you allow yourself to open your heart to another little one.
Sending lots of :hug::hug:

I am so so so sorry, I haven't been on here recently because of my sudden loss also, so sorry for the delayed sympathies. We to lost our 2 year old suddenly, but not in the tragic circumstances that you did. I know ( we all know ) how you are feeling, numb, tired emotional. It is over 3 months since Todo was taken, and I won't lie, it still hurts like made, but that proves we ment so much to us, and you will always have the memories of your relatively short time together. Don't try and rush the grieving period like I did, eventually you will be able to smile at pictures and memories. Our thoughts go to you at this time, Regards from all my human and K9 family

Gentess1, I'm so very sorry to hear you lost your 2 year old Cav, too. I tried going back and finding your story and saw that you lost Todd during an operation. I know you must be heartbroken. My heart goes out to you and your family. Thanks for your sympathies for my family, too. (((Hugs)))

Hi Amy, so sorry to hear about your devastating loss. My own little girl, Phoebe, passed away in February so I know how hard it is to lose someone so precious. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Very sorry for your loss

Take care of yourself. Loosing one of these dogs is very tough, make sure you have lots of people who will be there for you and can listen to you when you need to talk. This forum is definately a place where you will be heard.

Back