• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Do you work ...

Do you work?

• Yes, full-time (away from home)

Votes: 40 44.4%
  • Yes, part-time (away from home)

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • No, or work from home

Votes: 32 35.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My husband and I both work full time. But I'm lucky that my hubby stops home during the day.

I work a normal 40 hour a week desk job. Unfortunately I can't bring the pups because of the building's restrictions :(

I work just down the street from where I live though so it is easy for me to run home at lunch and there's no commute :)

I'm kind of an in-betweener, too. My husband and I are both professors, so we work full-time, but are flexible about when and where we work, except for our respective teaching days. I am home full-time in the summers (I'm teaching strictly online this summer), plus the 6 weeks or so we are off of school during breaks in the academic year. I did put off getting a dog until I made tenure so I wouldn't feel such a high need for face-time at the office. It was very hard waiting, but it was the right thing to do.

So Daisy does have 6-7 hour days alone probably 3-4 days a week for about 8 months a year, on average. (Wow, was that specific enough for you? Probably way more than you wanted to know!) Many days, my husband or I are working from home for all or part of the day.

Daisy is a very independent little Cavalier, which I know is unusual. Even when we met her at the breeder's as a 10 week old pup, she was generally off by herself after meeting us. She'd come up to us for loving and fun for a few minutes, and then she'd wander off alone and lay down. It kind of worried me because I was so looking forward to the velcro Cavalier personality. However, in the spirit of things working out the way they are meant to be, that characteristic also makes Daisy a very good fit for our family since there is not someone home with her all day every day. If a dog had separation anxiety, that would be very upsetting and guilt-producing for me.

Daisy loves me and our whole family and follows me from room to room in true Cavalier fasion when I'm home, and always lays down somewhere nearby where she can keep her eye on me. She lays on me when I'm watching TV on the couch (until she gets hot, that is), and she jumps up for cuddles at least a couple of times a day, so that makes me happy. And, of course, I go pick her up for cuddle time many times a day, even if it's not her idea! She always graciously agrees and humors me!

After her initial craziness around other dogs at first meeting, she doesn't seem very motivated by their company. We've had 3 foster dogs and she really could take them or leave them. It was funny, our last foster dog's new owners emailed me a picture of him laying intertwined asleep with their cavalier on the couch and he had a wonderful little smile on his face. Not once in the 6 weeks we had him, did Daisy and he ever lay on the same couch or sleep anywhere near each other. She just wasn't interested. She's a funny little girl!

Both my hubby and I work full time.We work for ourselves,Michael works on the Southside of the city,while I stay on the northside which is fine because Im nearer to the house.I take alex with me in the van for a couple of hours not every morning but a few days a week.Id drop him home about 2pm and hed have a sleep in his cage.We,most days are finished by 4pm so he isnt alone too long.

Hi! I have been a stay-at-home mom for almost 20 years now! That doesn't mean I haven't "worked" at home LOL! Right now, my husband and I are empty nesters. My oldest one (girl) got married this past July. My middle child (girl) is a junior in college. And my baby (boy) is a freshman in college. So, it's just me at home with all my "furkids" now. I can honestly say I am loving it! I do volunteer work, tho', with Stella, my therapy dog. We do something 5 times a month. Whether it's the nursing home or the 2 library reading programs that Stella participates in, or the rally obedience class that I do with Lucy, or the visiting my "hukids", I feel I'm kept pretty busy! (y)

Back