• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dry Drowning-Update on Pixie

:flwr: So sorry to hear this news, theres no way you could have known what could happen, I have a paddling pool my girls play in the summer and i'd never heard of dry drowning,
This tragic accident will help to save many other dogs, thank you for sharing this with us all

Deepest heartfelt condolences are being sent your way. I am unable to put into words how horribly I feel for you & your family. Pixie was a beautiful girl.... who can say why these horrible things happen? May time help to mend your broken hearts. :(

I'm so so sorry to hear about Pixie, such a tragic story, my eyes are filled with tears :( My thoughts are with you and your family xxx

I've been away all day and just got home. I was thinking and praying for Pixie and asking for that miracle. I'm so very very sorry that you lost your little pal. Please know that I am thinking of you and your family.

My sincerest sympathies are with you and your children. We have felt the loss of dogs that hurt to the core of our being. Pixie was incredibly special and will never be forgotten. Thank you for sharing your story with us and allowing us to grieve with you. You have been in my prayers all night and all day today.

I've been thinking about poor little Pixie all day and have written everyone I know to warn of this , I'm hoping we can prevent it happening to another of our precious babies. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

I am so, so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my first Cavalier two weeks shy of his fifth birthday. I lost my last at age 17. It is never easy because we love them so much -- and we know they love us, too.

You did everything you could for Pixie, the most of which was to share love with her. That is all any of us can really hope for.

So sorry.

I would like to add to what the others have said and express my condolences to you as well. I am so terribly sorry you had to go through this :( I can't imagine what it must be like.

I do want to thank you for coming on here and sharing your story with all of us. I am actually going camping at a lake this weekend, and I am keeping this story at the back of my mind. My boy likes to go bobbing for sticks so this is a very real threat to me. Thank you for having the courage to share with us and teach.

You are in my thoughts and prayers during this terrible time *HUGZ* :flwr:

Run free at the bridge, little Pixie :lotsaluv:

I'm so very sad and sorry. Thank you for posting your story. I'm sure none of us knew this could happen so you have saved other dogs lives by spreading the word.

I too logged on this evening hoping for a miracle but my tears have not stopped even after reading 5 pages of post. I know how the pain your family feels can't even be put into words. It's crazy how quickly we are drawn into this forum family. Thank you for sharing this tidbit of you life with us, I'm sure many of us will pass this on and save many dogs lives.

thanks to you all

I wish I could reply to all of you individually. Your support has been so uplifting to me and I have shared it with my children. The shared tears, the words of comfort, the poems and links. Those of you who took a moment to see our little girl in her youtube video playing and being her happy, silly self...even those of you who stopped by just to read and feel our pain. Shared pain is more bearable.
It will be some time before I can get through the day without crying. Until then, I appreciate those of you who shared our grief.
Hugs to you all.

We're so sorry for your loss of little Pixie. :( I hope that all your fond memories of her will help you and your children heal. Thinking of you, and just remember that you can share as many stories about her as you want, when you feel ready. We are always here to respond, knowing that you have lost a beloved member of your family. Hugs to you and your children. :hug::hug::hug::hug:

I am so very sorry to hear of Pixie's passing. As a mom, I know you are really beating yourself up over this, but please know that you did absolutely all you could for Pixie and your children. This was a terrible tragedy and I thank you for taking the time to share your story and educate those of us with young children and dogs who love water. I was not aware that this could happen to dogs, but will be much more dilligent after reading your story.

Pixie sounds like a wonderful family member and I'm sure she is dearly missed. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss and for the pain which you and your children feel.

I am late to this thread, but wanted to add my sincere condolences for yours and your children's loss of precious Pixie.

I am so sorry to hear of your tragic loss of Pixie, what an horrific experience for you all
Take Care

Back