• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dylan isn't well

Thanks everyone, Dylan really picked up, he's barking and growling at his ball on a rope right now. I can't believe the improvement. I was in tears worried about him this morning. If anything happened to him...

I am glad to hear he has picked up, probably the anti-biotics kicking in, it can take a little while to get through the whole system, that and your lovely boiled chicken and rice dinner!! :lotsaluv:

Even so I would advise ringing your own vet in the morning and see what he says, probably nothing more than a cold or a mild chill, if he had been sleeping for a long time he may have had a touch of cramp in his back legs!

A while ago my old lad had a cold, runny nose and all, we were dosing him up with Childrens Benylin that the vet prescribed!!:confused: :)

Lastly, Please don't beat yourself up for taking him to training at the week-end, dogs like kids get poorly now and again, it is inevitable and most certainly not your fault!! HUGE :hug: for you and one as well :hug: for dylan too!!

Thinking of you!!

Thank you. I'm giving him plenty of rest and I put him to bed early tonight. Bless him, he's such a lovely dog. I know they all are but he's such a sweetie. :luv:

Pauline,

Scout, Breeze and myself and all sorry to hear that Dylan is feeeling poorly. Your last post does sound promising, he sounds a little better.
Please keep us updated on his condition and his vet visit.

Dylan,

Little Lia and I send a lot of hugs and kisses for you to have a very quick recovery!

P.S.: Don't worry so much your loving mommy!

Dylan isn't 100% but if I hadn't seen him yesterday, it's probably not noticeable, if that makes sense? I was going to call my usual vet but as he is looking so much better I'm not sure. I still have the appointment at the PDSA (A charity run practice). I'd like to have his heart checked. On the way home from Colchester (40 miles) I noticed his heart was beating very fast. He does get car sick but I've never noticed his heart doing this before.

You're right to keep the appointment with the PDSA today. Perhaps they can shed some light on his difficulties or at least refer you to someone who can. :hug:

:updte:

We went to the vet today. She was about to give him another injection. Then I told her he screamed his head off yesterday, not when he had it but just after and I don't like antibiotics anyway. She changed her mind. She said if he had this injection, he'd have to have the full course, I assume this means going every day for injections. She said to bring him back if he gets worse.

He's been normal today apart from not getting up straight away when I came in the room. Also when we came home he spat up a little piece of chicken, rice and clear bubbly mucus, only a little desert spoon full. He does usually get car sick anyway.

Glad to hear that he has improved. Just have the little guy take it easy for a day or 2 :) :flwr: :hug:

I think he is back to normal now. I am still going to feed him rice and chicken for a few days to build him up. I hope I didn't make a mistake agreeing to antibiotics.

:thnku: :thnku: :thnku: :thnku: :thnku: :thnku: :thnku:

Cathryn, Tanya, Lani, Kirsty, Coconut, Freesia, Sara, Murphy's Mum, Pam, Sharon, Lindsay, Laura, Sarah, Blue Star and Zippy for your kind messages. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Pauline xxx

Back