• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppy Feeding Schedule

Hi there! Many years ago, I asked my vet the same thing. Her answer was never, as dogs will get hungry in-between. I home cook for Bella, so she gets fresh food both breakfast at 9 am and dinner about 5 pm. At lunch time, she gets 2 doggie biscuits. In addition to that, she gets some small treats throughout the day. I don't remember at what age she was when I started feeding this way, but I would guess at about 12 - to 18 months old. I would check with your vet before making any changes.

Last edited:
Her answer was never, as dogs will get hungry in-between
Or at least, demand food 😄

Hi Kerri -- I generally move from 3 to 2 main meals anytime between 6-9 months of age. In terms of digestion it can be better to do three smaller meals generally -- Joyce has a suggestion for ways of doing this in her post. Alternatively some people give a main meal once a day and then a small snack as a second... there's lots of debate about what is better or 'more natural' for dogs. Because cavaliers can be prone to pancreatitis, three smaller meals can be a good lifetime option. But personally I tend to do a morning main meal and then a few healthy-ish treats during the day...

Back