• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

For gosh sakes...what next!!

Our two could wear a nylon collar about 2 hours before the other one would be unraveling it. :x

Now we have leather collars, and only use them when we actually go somewhere, because they'd eat them too.

Jean would like to have the collars on all the time 'just in case' the house catches on fire or something and she needs to get them leashed up and out... but I'm concerned they'll get something caught and strangle themselves. They play hard.

KC

I worry about Tucker getting his collar caught on things too. As a result, he does not wear his. Either in the house, or in the yard, he's microchipped, but still, it's a worry if he ever got away from me.

Speaking of collars, when we bought Molly & Bella their first harness I let them sniff it before I put it on them so they wouldn't be scared of it. Within 3 seconds Bella had chewed through hers! There are 2 brand new dear dog harnesses winging their way to me as I type. I really should stay away from the shopaholics thread :lol:

I remember once when i was clearing up the garden i found a pair of multi coloured ear plugs! :shock: those little squidgy ones you put in your ears to keep out noise. They were just right there! i mean when the hell and who the hell did the that!? :? :lol:

although nina got the blame at the time :lol:

:lol: :lol:
They'de really chew on everything huh! Sam also once took off with an old knife when I was working in the garden. He also LOVES to devore the content of the paper-basket. We have three of those, but he's learning not to do it any more. The one in the bathroom is really a problem, especially when someone has her period :sl*p: He also loves worn underwear (panty's, bra's, you name it!) and used tissues :yuk: . Sometimes when I clean up after him I don't even recognise what came out this time, he still manages to eat stuff behind our back. Sometimes I'm really worried about him, but he looks ok and everything allways seems to come out.

So funny that this thread has been posted...I would like to resubmit my answer, as something stranger than the kitty paw happened last night.

I got home a little later than I normally do and Spencer is normally so good that I let him have the run of the house. Well, I am to blame as I was late, but he had left me a little present in the living room floor. I went and got toilet paper and picked up the poo. When I came back up with it I flipped my hand over and the downside of the poo was now visible. Sticking out of the poo was a little bitty tag. I leaned in closer (but not too close :grnyuk: ) and read the words "Made in Denver, CO."

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Apparently he had eaten one of the little tags off of one of his toys that tells where it was made and how to wash it. I was cracking up! I told him it was an awful long way for him to go just to make a poo! :lol:

Harvey so far has eaten a tablet off my elderley mothers floor which required his stomach being emptied at the vets. A set of foam earplugs, a whole string bag from around a joint of pork, a rope toy, part of a blanket and the latest was a whole childs sock. Please dont think we are not careful he is a good thief. Luckily so far apart from the tablet we have found all these objects in his poo and this is all in one year. I hope he grows out of it. Alfie has never eaten anything.

Not a dog, but I had a cat once that got a hold of a ball of string somehow and was eating it. I got a hold of her and started pulling the string out of her mouth and she started coughing and hacking as I pulled. I am not exagerating a bit when I say I pulled a good 2 or 3 feet of string out of that stupid cat!

Back