• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fractured Tibia HELP!!!

I am glad to hear that Harvey is home in your loving home. You must be so relieved to have him back.

My Maggie jump out of my arms the first day we had her. She suffered a Hairline fracture that healed well, but it was so sad to see her in the cast for 6 weeks. She had no pain and ran around all the time. I had to stop her from being active to allow bone to heal. She has had no problems since, but I cried for days.

:updte:
Harvey had a great christmas!

He is back at the animal hospital today for an x-ray they think that its healing so well he may be able to have the cast off and just a soft bandage put on!!!

I really hope so for him - they are going to call me later today to tell me whats happening!! :xfngr:

YAY Harvey!! I am so excited for him! I would be so worried about him with just a soft cast. I think I would get a stroller and carry him everywhere so he would never be out of my sight! You are such a good mommy to have been through this and back again. :flwr:

:updte:

:( Unfortunately Harvey has developed sores underneath his cast (like bed sores on humans) They have taken the cast off and put a soft bandage on but he has to have it changed every two days and take tablets everyday!!!

We had planned a special vacation leaving tomorrow to the country for new year in Scandinavian Log Cabins taking Harvey with us, the vet has said he cannot go and has to stay at the animal hospital for a few days as they want to keep an eye on him (they orginally said it would be ok to take him even in his cast) :(

They let me see him this afternoon but i had to leave him there - how can i have a happy family vacation without Harvey? - I'm going to be worrying about him the whole time - i did think about cancelling but my 8 & 5 year old little girls would be soo upset not to go!!!

Oh no!!! How disheartening for you. But, you know what, he'll be fine at the vet's and get the care he needs so his owies can heal up without complications. You defintely needs to take your girls and have a nice time. Know that Harvey will be getting the care he needs and will be happy to see you when you get home. Best wishes!

Back