• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fun Day 2010

Karen and Ruby, best of luck for your obedience competition; Aled and I have got one on Sunday near Walsall - am I ever going to get up at 5.30 after Saturday?!

Murphy, sorry you can't come, perhaps we'll meet you next year (am I going to do another Fun Day??).

Thanks to all for good wishes. Margaret is going to have a table selling Cavalier things in aid of the SM Collection and Rupert's Fund, so those who don't yet know her will have a chance to say hello.

Back to printing out information leaflets!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Margaret is going to have a table selling Cavalier things in aid of the SM Collection and Rupert's Fund, so those who don't yet know her will have a chance to say hello.

Brilliant! :jmp2:

Have been wondering about several Cavalier items I have here and how best to "sell" them at the Fun Day - you've solved my dilemma in one go b*n*n*

Also it will be lovely to see MargaretC again. Safe journey, Margaret - quite a long way for you to come.:drivecar:

Brilliant! :jmp2:

Have been wondering about several Cavalier items I have here and how best to "sell" them at the Fun Day - you've solved my dilemma in one go b*n*n*

Also it will be lovely to see MargaretC again. Safe journey, Margaret - quite a long way for you to come.:drivecar:

I am wondering which dog to bring. It will not be a cavalier, two are too frail and, although Tommy would probably enjoy the day out, I think the excitement may start off uncontrollable scratching.

The last time I took him to the vet, which he actually enjoys as a trip out (he is the sweetest dog ever, but definitely dim) the waiting area was covered with fluffy white and tan hairballs floating around the floor.

The choice is between Dandy, a beautiful wide-eyed prize winning show Chin who will enjoy the chicken treats I will give him and take everything else in his stride, or Fonzi, older, a little arthritic, wry-mouthed chin with his tongue hanging out, who will love all the sights, the attention, and the chance to go home with someone else ( well even a dog can dream :slp: )

I just finished baking the first batch of doggie biscuits. Tomorrow is going to be a long day in the kitchen. I just hope people will buy my doggie treats. Well if not I am sure my three won’t mind finishing what’s left.:D

Hi

And Poppy,Daisy ,Rosie and iLly can certainly recommend Sabby's biscuits as being Cavlicious :confused::) ,and have asked me to ask Aunt Sabby if theirs any left can we buy some more and we will pay postage cost to Sabby and the biscuit cost to Kate's funday fund pls .Oh and to kindly remind the lovely Marie Anne we have to pay her some money for Kate's raffle tickets .Thank you ladies.And if Aunt Margaret wants to arrange an auction for Fonzi I am sure we could put in a nice big bid for the escape artist :)

Margaret

Couldn't you bring double chins?

Kate

Hohohoelves.gif
Hohohoelves.gif

Margaret

Couldn't you bring double chins?

Kate

Only if I come on my own. :) Fonzi will make three.

Fonzi has had a bath, he looked like a drowned rat when all his fluff was dampened down.

I could have a silent auction for him I suppose, might even get up to 20p if I'm lucky.

All packed up and ready to go here b*n*n*

Just had a request from Kate to bring a pair of shears to trim some tussocks in the ring areas, so have shoved them in along with all the other boodle :lol:

My OH is convinced I'm decamping for the duration - but it's only that 50-odd cuddly toys fit better into travel bags than anything else :drivecar:

Fingers crossed for a really good turnout and lots of spending power. Will post photos ASAP as I know you lot all love to live vicariously :rolleyes:

It was lovely meeting everyone who was there from cavaliertalk and others, and what a super day it was - even the weather was kind to us.

We have 2 very tired but proud girls.

Minnie-May got 1st in the obedience:eek: after a very tense run off with 3 other excellent competitors, and Cinders not to be outdone came 1st in the Best Tricks class doing her marching trick.

Minnie came a respectable 2nd in this class bearing in mind that her first trick was disappearing:yikes I let her off lead to do her trick and before I could even blink she ran out of the ring chasing a fly and then found an interesting fox hole. :eek:

Kate had made lots of scrumptious cakes and I thoroughly recommend the ginger bread cake. And the girls are going crazy for Sabby's dog treats.

A big :thnku: to Kate and everyone else who made the day so enjoyable.

It was lovely meeting everyone who was there from cavaliertalk and others, and what a super day it was - even the weather was kind to us.

We have 2 very tired but proud girls.

Minnie-May got 1st in the obedience:eek: after a very tense run off with 3 other excellent competitors, and Cinders not to be outdone came 1st in the Best Tricks class doing her marching trick.

Minnie came a respectable 2nd in this class bearing in mind that her first trick was disappearing:yikes I let her off lead to do her trick and before I could even blink she ran out of the ring chasing a fly and then found an interesting fox hole. :eek:

Kate had made lots of scrumptious cakes and I thoroughly recommend the ginger bread cake. And the girls are going crazy for Sabby's dog treats.

A big :thnku: to Kate and everyone else who made the day so enjoyable.

Oh my god I am so sorry I didn’t realise it was you it’s only because you said that Minnie May got first in obedience. Harley came third. So sorry.
Glad your girls like the treats.
It was a great day just a shame not more people turned up. My three where really tired.
Wagtail took lots of photos.

It was a most enjoyable day.

The two judges did a great job, it was just a shame that some of the breeders were not there to support them and to encourage Kate, who is the most remarkable and energetic organiser one could ever imagine.

Great barbeque, the Chef is to be thanked and congratulated as he also did such a great job, despite having worked all the previous night. I bet he slept well last night.

My dogs are enjoying Sabby's dog cookies. It was lovely to catch up again with CavalierTalk members including Marie Anne, and to meet Sandrac and her two prize winners. I loved the marching trick.

Fonzi sat in his dog stroller and sulked. He really wanted to tear around off the lead and then disappear through the gate, but I was very unreasonable and would not let him.
I did not manage to sell him, but made a reasonable sum on the rest of the articles on the stall.
I came back home with a lot of raffle prizes and two soft toys from Wagtail's amazing Teddy stall.

It was a most enjoyable day.

The two judges did a great job, it was just a shame that some of the breeders were not there to support them and to encourage Kate, who is the most remarkable and energetic organiser one could ever imagine.

Great barbeque, the Chef is to be thanked and congratulated as he also did such a great job, despite having worked all the previous night. I bet he slept well last night.

My dogs are enjoying Sabby's dog cookies. It was lovely to catch up again with CavalierTalk members including Marie Anne, and to meet Sandrac and her two prize winners. I loved the marching trick.

Fonzi sat in his dog stroller and sulked. He really wanted to tear around off the lead and then disappear through the gate, but I was very unreasonable and would not let him.
I did not manage to sell him, but made a reasonable sum on the rest of the articles on the stall.
I came back home with a lot of raffle prizes and two soft toys from Wagtail's amazing Teddy stall.

Hi Margaret
It was a lovely day and I bought some nice things from your stall. Glad your dogs are enjoying my treats and yes my Husband (The Chef) slept until 11 o’clock this morning.
I must just say that it is a shame that even on a nice fun day like this people try to have a go at you about PDE. I didn’t witness the exchange of words ( unfortunately)but my husband did and he said it wasn’t pleasant.

Fun day

Hi Margaret
It was a lovely day and I bought some nice things from your stall. Glad your dogs are enjoying my treats and yes my Husband (The Chef) slept until 11 o’clock this morning.
I must just say that it is a shame that even on a nice fun day like this people try to have a go at you about PDE. I didn’t witness the exchange of words ( unfortunately)but my husband did and he said it wasn’t pleasant.

FUN DAY

I am maybe out of order mentioning this, but by a strange co-incidence this same subject came up on Saturday with the person I was speaking to, the PDE TV Program came into the conversation,we had opposing views about the Program, I will say again , that if it had not been for Margaret , Carol and the TV Program, would any heed have taken about the SM and MVD Problems in our Cavalier Breed.

Why do some Cavalier Folk still insist about the damage that has been done to Cavaliers because of the TV Program ,the damage was done to the Cavaliers long before the PDE Program appeared because of many Cavalier Breeders not heeding the warning signs about the Health Problems in their Breeding Stock.

Sabby , it was great your FUN DAY was such a success,and sorry for getting on my Soap Box again,and Sabotaging your Thread, so what is NEW !!!!

Bet

Bet

So glad the fun Day went well and everyone enjoyed it.

It is a shame that small minded greedy people can't see further than their wallet. As Bet said, PDE didn't create the problem it just exposed it!

Well done everyone.

WOW it looks like you had a fantastic day and everyone really enjoyed themselves. I thoroughly enjoyed the slide show - thank you so much for going to the trouble of doing that Marie-Anne :D

Margaret, Fonzi is loooking great - I first met him when he was just a wee ball of fluff {well now he's just a bigger ball of fluff LOL but just as sweet :l*v:}

It was great to see photos of some of our members - somehow people never look how you would expect them too :confused:, but it was lovely to see you all happy and so many dogs together and enjoying themselves.

I'm sorry someone had to spoil it for you :mad: but hope it didn't spoil the day too much.

Thank you to Kate and everyone involved for all the hard work and I hope lots and lots of money was raised.

Wow! Thanks for taking the trouble to post all the photos, it looks as thought you
had a fabulous time b*n*n*

Next time I spoil my dog I will have to make sure there are no paparazzi around.

Wonderful pictures. Thank you so much for providing such a great record of a real fun day.

WOW, great pics! I love seeing people's dogs and putting names to faces too. :cool: The day looks like it was wonderful fun. The dog treats -- those look too good for the dogs, IMHO. :rotfl: I think had Jaspar been there he'd have thrown himself into the tombola toy pile... :D Well done to all! I would have loved to have been there!

Looks like everyone had a really enjoyable time. Thanks for posting those great pics for the rest of us, its good to be able to put names to faces.

Back