• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Golden Oldies

Here's our girl Kelly who is now 11 years, 8 months old. This picture was taken two years ago, in October.

kellygraystonebetsyross2004.jpg

This one was taken this past February, when she was very ill. It was on a trip to the vet. She's doing much better now, but at the time, I thought it might be the last picture of her! My girl :)

kellyincar022706.jpg

It is so inspirational to see pictures of all these senior doggies! They are all so beautiful and it is nice and encouraging to see them living such full lives ...

And as a new puppy owner, it's so nice to imagine my little 12 week old puppy living to a ripe old age!! The seniors are just gorgeous!!! :lotsaluv:

I want to see more pictures!!! :rah:

PhylB,

Your Kelly is a lovely dignified old lady. So glad she's recovered from her illness. I'm sure I worry more about my fur babies than I ever did about my human kids!

Oh Kelly is just beautiful...so sorry she gave you a scare, hope she's ok now.

It seems to make them even more precious if you've had a scare though...I think you become aware that they are not going to be here forever :( :(

Something I was reading yesterday though gave a quote I beleive from Mark Twain, saying that although we are sad they only live for this time, imagine the heartbreak when they do finally go if they lived twice as long....I hadn't thought about it that way before...

Lani, we look forward to following your wee pup throughout her life, and adding her on to the Oldies thread...

Pauline, Rupert has been on various foods in his life, he was on Burns for some years until recently but is now on about 80% Natural Dog Food Company kibble - http://www.naturaldogfoodcompany.com/ and 20% home prepared. This kibble is the most "natural" currently avaiable in the UK, all the others contain synthetic vitamins and minerals...

He's also on some supplements, mainly Flexi joints from www.healthspan.co.uk, which is a Glucosamine and Chondriotin supplement, which I would recommend everyone starts their dogs on P{or something similar} as early as possible, all of mine are on it as it protects the joints as they age. He's also on Vit E 200iu daily to help his heart and circulation, and Evening Primrose Oil 500mg daily. Oh and 1/4 of a Vitamin B complex tablet, which was really for his seizures but is also good for maintaining skin and coat condition.

He has the most coat of all 3 of mine, I have just bathed him and it is a nightmare to get him wet and then to get him dry again!!

PS if anyone wants samples or more info about that food, please PM me...

Hoping more people will add their oldies to this thread...

What a great thread! I love seeing the pictures of these wonderful dogs. I hope we all get to keep ours for a very long time.

My Duffy is still just a few months short of 7 but he has a gentle oldie soul! The best angel dog ever. He does therapy work with learning disabled kids. I don't know who loves it more...him, me or the kids! It is wonderful to watch their confidence grow week to week as they read to Duffy. He knows exactly which days he is going to the reading tutor and just runs to the door so excited to see his little friends. Here's a picture of him on a day when the kids were reading about witches. (The kids love when he dresses up and he HATES it but is so patient, he tolerates it well! :lol: )

DSCF0238.jpg

Oh Duffy you make the best witch ever :badgrin: :badgrin:

Bless him what a star!!

Aileen yes please do post Oldies no longer with us...they have a very special place in our hearts.

Aileen wrote
can you post olders that are at the bridge ----Aileen

Aileen! my Rudee is on there ( thanks for not taking her off guys) so post your pics -I'd love to see them!!!

:flwr: :hug:

Oh Barbara! please don't say that :( Izzy and Monty are both gorgeous babies I'll say extra prayers for good health for both of them :lotsaluv:

Claire L said:
Aileen! my Rudee is on there ( thanks for not taking her off guys) so post your pics -I'd love to see them!!!

Oh Claire we wouldn't dream of taking Rudee off...she is SO special to all of us VB ((((hugs)))) :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Aileen it's lovely to see Mattie and Rocky, thank you for sharing them...

I love that one of Mattie "helping" in the garden...

Barbara, Monty looks amazing for 11, he hardly seems to be going grey at all?

Izzy you hang in there, he's done so well battling with the MVD, a real inspiration, I hope he will be with you for at least his 10th birthday...

Monty isn't grey at all, but Izzy has been going grey from about 5 years.

Oddly, our former trainers have two shelties, of the same age, within weeks of my two, and their younger one went grey about the same time as Izzy, yet the older one had few grey hairs (But I've not seen him for a year-both these have mvd , too. It's quite common amomg shelties)

Despite a good report from the vet a week on Friday, Izzy has not been too well since Wednesday-more coughing, moth breathing, rough breathing and I think a fluid buildup, so vets tomorrow, unless he improves.

KIsses and hugs to Izzy that he has better health soon. He and Monty are just so sweet.

I was just looking through some picture files and I came accross this, I just had to share it ...

100-0082_IMG.jpg

I'm so happy I found this picture :l*v:

:flwr: :flwr:

What a lovely picture of Rudee - hope that picture made you smile like it did me... always a presence of her around. :D

Back