• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

goopy eyes question

ivycharlaine

Ok I just got a 14 week old cavalier pup and she is the cutest thing ever. However she has staining and a little gooky. Looking stuff under her eyes.What can I do or use to clean it up or prevent it?

Hi there.
Have u been to the vet for a quick visit to make sure there is no sign of any infection?
If everything is fine and it is normal tear staining i use cotton pads and warm water everyday and just wipe away from the eyes.
I have tried a few remedies on the market and found none are much help so i go with...cotton pad and warm water and wipe everyday.
HTH.....(y)

Three of mine have goopy eyes every morning (not Madison for some reason). I do exactly what Leesa does - a wipe with warm, wet cotton pads for all after breakfast.

Hi

My little Rosie a ruby had tear staining and a hernia ,I cleaned her as you say and when she fully matured about 12 months the tear staing stopped and when she was spayed they popped her hernia back ,so she is fine ,so just just carry on as you are and over time it will clear up.

Back