• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

great day at crufts

joey

Did anyone else go to Crufts today ? I had a wonderful day there, so many cavis, fab. I spent a fortune on doggy things and am absolutely shattered. I will be watching it on the TV at 8, doggy overload......:rah:

No, But I heard that a lady from Timsar cavaliers had a 'good' day. LOL

Last edited:
Gorgeous Cavvi that came 3rd!!:luv:

So jealous of all of you that went...I bet my husband is glad that we don't live in the UK or his wallet would have been seriously dented at crufts!!!:D

Had a fantastic day at Crufts!! Met lots of gorgeous cavs and friendly owners. I also spent a lot on doggy things too. I'll watching the rest of the show on TV this weekend. Hope everyone else had a great time.

This is Timsar Mister Moonlighter. Isn't he adorable! :luv:
2315420562_910f323826_o.jpg

Nice day for the breed! Sadly I have just had my first post crufts puppy enquiry already from a young lady who had seen them on the telly and thought they looked "Cute"!! Directed her to various websites to do some research, including Karlin's SM site!

Must go and see who won what actually, always interesting reading!! :lol:

Yes, the info on the SM site will be a good start for anyone thinking of a Cavalier. Do the health research on this breed, do whatever you can to try and find a healthy and well looked after puppy. Give it the very best start to its life.

And remember when making the first basic enquiries about your puppy (talking about U.K here folks) to ALWAYS ask if parents (stud/bitch or hopefully both) have been MRI'd for SM and to SEE the certificate yourself. ALWAYS ask to see up to date heart and eye certificates, and ask if there are any signs of the condition dry eye/curly coat.

A good breeder will be happy to share this information, will be proud that they have worked hard to breed healthy Cavaliers and will be pleased to see that you care enough to have done your homework about any health issues first.

Just because a dog wins and looks beautiful doesnt mean everything, health must come top of the list. Yes we want lovely looking Cavaliers but we want healthy ones, there isn't a compromise.

Alison.

I went with Kirsty (merlinsmum). We went to the cavaliers , first, but I couldn't see any of the people I knew and there seemed to be lots of empty benches and not because people moved their trolleys to the ends, either. We spent a lot of time getting lost and kirsty is on bread and jam for the next month.:p

The bob dog must have given Linda Flynn a lift, as she lost her Champion Linjato Ace of Base last week and this boy was his grandson , on one side and also featured on his other.

We tried to meet GeeGee after her class, but she had disappeared by the time we reached the ring exit. You can see her on tv, though.

You can also see the heads of Kirsty and myself, in most shots in the group judging.

I watched the judging on TV. I was convinced the judge was walking towards the cavalier for best in group. He did an about turn at the very last minute for the chihuaha. Even the commentator said so! Did anyone else think that?

I'm trying to talk the O/H into going down next year, is one day enough to take it all in, or would a couple be better?

He says if we go I have to leave my credit card at home:(

Yes, and we were there. Well ,he looked to be going for either the cavalier or the bichon, so the chi was a surprise.

I watched the judging on TV. I was convinced the judge was walking towards the cavalier for best in group. He did an about turn at the very last minute for the chihuaha. Even the commentator said so! Did anyone else think that?

I heard about Champion Linjato Ace of Base, he is Toby's dad, I was quite upset to hear about it, I know he was a grand old age though.
I also managed to find one of the old Cavalier books with both him and Toby's brother in. Isphan LaFenice

Back