• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Harleys appointment

harleyfarley

The vet rang me yesterday and has arranged Harley an appointment with the Animal Health Trust in Newmarket. He said that the Neuroloigist at Braintree was very good orginally but i think he has been doing his homework and that since they are doing research (yawn) I told him all this, it might be better for him to go to newmarket.

Its next wednesday 17th June not sure who with until i get the appointment details from them.

I told him of the treatment plan from Claire Rushbridge, and he just said that "he was qualified" so i think ive upset him, lol. di

Well whether you've upset him or not, best of luck with the appointment, hope its not as bad as you expect
charli:xfngr:

Di,

I often meet a lady when Im out walking who has a Lasah, they are treated at Newmarket and Rave about it......she said they're very good there.

Any way good luck Wednesday.....keep us updated.

Mel (y)

I took my ruby, Megan (now 10 years old) to the Animal Health Trust for an MRI in 2005. I was VERY nervous, but they couldn't have been kinder and explained everything to us very patiently.

At that time I had barely heard of SM - we were more worried that Megan might have a muscle tumour, as she had a permanent limp on one of her back legs which wasn't responding to anything. In those days they didn't seem to think the SM was responsible and the limp eventually went away for a while, but by 2007 Megan was having all sorts of other symptoms and these WERE put down to SM when she had a full body scan at Chestergates.

Now that much more is understood I guess the hind leg weakness WOULD be ascribed to SM, so I'm sure you will be in good hands and we will all be thinking of you and Harley on 17th.

Good luck, Marie-Anne + 4 :xfngr:

Thanks for the wishes and ive heard good report about newmarket too, i only agreed to braintree as it was the vets suggestion, it seems he is now aware of the research they are doing at newmarket and he thinks its a better option. I have no idea what they are going to do though, its just a referral. di

ive got the details from the health trust, (its the same place we took out cocker spaniel too about 20 year ago, she had no tear ducts) his appointment is at 10.15 followed by a scan at 12.00, my vet didnt know if they would do a scan or not, im glad they are.

Di
Good luck to you & Harley on weds:xfngr: Plse keep us posted when you can with any news

Back