• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Heart Failure: When is it time to stop?

Three years of such kindness and care, and to die with someone you love holding you. It is so sad, but you gave her some last wonderful years and a good death.

Bless you for all you did for her.

My very best wishes,

That's it Fiddichs, Margaret summed it up! Even if you feel you didn't give Popsy enough, you did! Three years of a lovely life is better than no time at all. Rest in Peace Popsy, she's not in pain and she'll be waiting for you at the bridge.:hug:

You have done the hardest, but at the same time the kindest, thing that anyone can ever do for a suffering dog. We all feel for you and there are dark days ahead for a while, but your beautiful memoreis of Popsy will get you through. She was such a lucky little girl to have found you, even if it wasn't for as long as you would have liked.

Sleep tight, Popsy.
Sparklyheart.gif

A piece of my heart
By Fionna Duncan

A piece of my heart is made of you
A small but vital place
Full of memories of happy times
That nothing could displace

It’s nestled in and settled down
Like a sleepy, winter mole
It's part of me now, flesh and blood
And it's connected to my soul

In time it will be pushed aside
And other parts will swell
With pets and people and places too
That I will love as well

But you will always be with me
So secure and tucked away
I'll know that you are safe in there
And we'll meet again some day

And when my heart begins to fail
Grows old and frail and weak
You'll still be in that special place
Till it gives its final beat

It's the hardest thing to do, but you did the best thing for your Popsy. My heart goes out to you. You will always remember her. She will be at peace now.:hug:

Back