• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Em and Equinox

emthegrem

Hi all, I am Emma, live in Wilts UK. We have recently welcomed a most beautiful new member into our family. A Cavalier called Equinox (Nox for short) . He is 14 months old, and is Black and Tan. Despite us being his third (at least) home he is the most amenable fellow :) I have a feeling that we have not been told his full history, as some of his behaviour doesn't match with the history we have, but he is still a fantastic dog!!

Although an experienced dog owner and handler this is my first Cavalier, so thought it would be good to make contact with other owners, so we can be aware of any potential issues and get to know this lovely breed better!

As I have said he is a fantastic dog, though tends to get very overexcited when he sees other dogs, barking and shrieking at them, though a firm 'NO' does reduce it to an excited whimper hehe. He is good on the lead and in the house. We were told he couldn't be left but have found leaving the TV on in the lunge has so far prevented him barking. We were also told he would not sleep alone, but two nights of leaving him in the kitchen in his bed, and firmly telling him No when he barked seems to have done the trick!!

Hope thats ok as an intro, if it works will post a pic of Nox as well :D

march08049.jpg

Hi! icon_welcome

Good on you for giving this beautiful young lad a home!! I find it incredibly sad that he has already been through so much in his short little life!! :hug: :hug:

Looking forwards to getting to know you a bit more through your posts and stories!!

Welcome to you and Nox. He's a hansome lad. Im sure he will flourish now he has found love. Good on you....you are both very lucky.:)

Aw, bless him, he's so cute!!! I.m sure he just needs an understanding family to call his own! That face!:)

Oh he is really handsome. He and you are both lucky to have found each other. I'm sure with patience and love he will be fine. Its a pity he has been passed from pillar to post up until now. Poor little fellow.:luv:

He must be very mixed up.:(

im sure in a while he will be very happy...:xfngr:

What a beautiful boy... He looks small. How much does he weigh? I am so glad he found his way to your home. Sounds like he really needs some loving. Welcome. Judy and Dixie

Your little Nox is absolutely adorable! I can't even imagine the other two homes giving him up. Isn't that a bit odd for this breed at this young age? Is he a rescue that was improperly placed the first two times? Glad he now has his forever home with you and you are managing well!

icon_welcome to you and Nox and Hello from Miami!

Its wonderful to welcome you and Nox to the Cavalier Talk community. Though I am no expert, a lot of the members are so they will be pleased to answer any questions you may have. My name is Julie and I am owned by an assortment of corgis and cavies. We all can't wait to see more pictures of Nox and read of the adventures you will share.

Back