• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from the good 'ole U.S.

DZee

Looks like I may be the only one from the United States..but "hello" to you all ! :)
My name is Diane..and we have a little ( ruby) K.C. Cavalier.
His name is Wrigley and he just turned 7 mo. old.
He is a bundle of energy..but just the sweetest little guy !!
Wrigley lives w/ our 108 lb. (very laid back!) Black Labrador ~ Zeb.
They absolutely luv each other..and we love them !
We lost our Golden retreiver ( age 11 + yrs.) about 6 months ago to cancer (R.I.P.):(.
He was a sweetheart..we still miss him.
We wanted another dog ( we believe in having 2 dogs :eek:)...
so we did some research & found that the Cavaliers were just what we were looking for.
We owned dogs for many years...( retrievers mostly) so this is the 1st time we have had a smaller breed...and we are in love !
I am looking forward to chatting w/ you all..and sharing about our pups. :cool:
....could someone tell me how to share a picture of our furry friends?....:confused:
*THANKS*

Hello and welcome. :) No you are not the only one from the US -- it is a very international board and we have tons of cavalier owners here from the US. :D Sorry about your loss of your retriever. Many people feel cavaliers have similar personalities to goldens in a smaller package. :)

Welcome! Definitely not the only one from the This side of the pond. We relocated from NY to SC. I'm sorry for your loss.

Please forgive me...I'm just getting used to the forum. I think I DID post twice. ...ooops !!
Thank you for your kind replies.
I will post some pictures here soon *!
Yes.. I do think that the Cavaliers personality is much like a Golden retriever.
Very gentle and loving...and full of energy !! Hahaha*
I find it interesting actually..the different personalities each breed has.
Our Cav. ~ Wrigley seems to love the water as much as our Labrador ~ Zeb.
And believe it or not..they BOTH are snugglers.
I also think it funny how "bold" these little guys are !
We have about 1/4 of an acre that backs up to woods & a small creek.
It is completely fenced in...but we have deer, coons, possums..all kinds of critters that walk thru at times.
Huge flood lights...but I still NEVER let Wrigley outside at night without Zeb.
Zeb chases off anything...even tho he is actually a HUGE lover boy.
Wrigley thinks he is the same size as Zeb I do believe (*wink)..as he is fearless!!
They certainly keep me entertained...and I love them to pieces !

Initial posts get held in moderation -- just a way to prevent spam posts by ensuring people are real people. :) So there was a delay before your first post was okayed. I just deleted the duplicate post; sorry about the delay.

Hello to you and welcome - I am living in North Carolina but originally am from Nebraska! Hope to see your pictures soon!

Hello! Im from the states too! This is my first cavalier, I got her in April last year! I love this breed and I am definitely going to get Emma a sibling!

Thank you everyone for being so friendly & welcoming !
Btw.. Joyce..> I "love" your signature quote !!

Haha.. I don't watch baseball..but my hubby does...so yes. The name came from Wrigley field. My husband is big into sports. Believe it or not..he 1st wanted the name Ditka. ( for Mike Ditka)..and I said...> nooooo !!

Looked at the pictures of your Cavaliers..they are so cute*
P.S. You are near the Chicago area I see?.... we are 3 hrs. away.

Nope I'm in the US too. Born and raised in Virginia!!! I have a 3 month old cavalier named Fletcher, I'm totally in love with. I like to post here because #1 if you have any questions someone here always has good advice espeically in health and #2 we are all so in love with our little cavaliers I think we find more joy in their little stories (well at least I do)

Yes, this forum is pretty international. Being from the "south" I have to refrain from using words like ya'll :rolleyes:

Welcome,
Melissa

Back