• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Home of the Cavalier?

Quinny74

I live in a place called Great Yarmouth which is about 30 miles away from a little place called Costessey (pronounced Cossey).
Many of you may not know that if it wasn't for Costessey then we wouldn't be here today.
As is well known the first modern CKCS that won the £25 offered by Roswell Eldridge to recreate the old style spaniel was won by a dog called Ann's Son that was bred by a Miss Mostyn Walker. Miss Mostyn Walker owned the Clova Kennels in Costessey so ultimately all cavs in the world come from a little place up the road from where I live.

I think this is a great claim to fame and have contacted the parish council to make them aware of this fact. I have suggested that they could brand themselves as the 'home of the cavalier' and perhaps have a Cav show every year on the 3rd May to commemorate the breed being made official. Maybe if they did then some of the members on here would attend
Other breeds have a 'home' and perhaps Costessey will become the home of the Cav?

If Costessey ever become "Home of the cavalier" and has a day to celebrate this, Leo and I would definitely attend:*nana:

I've had a reply from the council and they were unaware of their claim to fame.
It is to be discussed at the next parish council meeting

Back