• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How many times should I feed my 2 month puppy?

HalinaBR

Hi guys!

My new puppy will be home on Sunday and the vet (also the breeder) told me that I should feed her 3 times a day, because it's a small breed.

I already have a 18 month french bulldog and when she was a puppy I fed her 2 times a day, had no problems.

So, how many times did you feed your Cav when it was a puppy?

Thank you for everything!

How eixciting for you.....bet you can't wait till Sunday to bring her home!

When I brought BellaMia home at 12 weeks, I fed 3 meals a day. By 5-6 months, I cut back to 2 meals, but now give a biscuit at lunchtime instead. She'll be 2 years in August. I feed Milo the same now as her, and he's 6 months.

Puppies should really always be fed three meals a day until they are around 4-6 months, when they can drop to two. The reason why is it is very hard for tiny stomachs t take in all they need nutrition-wise in just two meals and also it is harder for them to digest two large meals rather than small ones. That is why both your vet and the breeder are saying three meals for the next few months. Many recommend 4 meals daily for 8 week old puppies. We fed our pyrenean pups three meals til about 5 months old as well.

Here's advice from Roycroft Cavaliers -- 3 meals a day til 3-6 months, then drop to two. Most puppies will show that they are ready to drop to two when they stop eating most or all of the midday meal. It all depends on the puppy, if the puppy was smaller than the norm in the litter, or perhaps larger, etc... lots of factors!

http://roycroftinformationcenter.com/Roycroft Cavaliers/Roycroft Cavalier Care Feeding new.html

Back