• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How much do your babies weigh?

Kizzy has quite a long back (people often think she in a springer puppy!); but she is blenheim. She does have a tiny patch of black on one side though, so I suspect she has some black and tan in her heritage?!

Dottie weighed in at 16.4 lbs at the vet yesterday when she went in to get her glands expressed. :grnyuk:

Claire came to us a bit overweight at 21 lbs, and she is now 19.8 lbs. She is a larger boned Cavalier than Dottie, so I think she is close to her healthy weight.

Hi! Stella Agnes has shorter legs and a barrel chest. She weighs in at 16/17 lbs. She could carry 15 lbs. just fine, but below that would be too skinny. :)

I've taken his back length again and again, and every time I get 54cm (21inches), whereas his chest is 52cm (20inches).

I check Sammy's measurements again yesterday evening and realised I got it the wrong way round. He's actually about 19 inches in back length and 21 inches around the chest... So not quite so long and skinny as I remembered :eek:

This website actually shows you the proper way to measure a dog:

http://www.lgd.org/library/measure.htm

You are not measuring around the chest. (although I realize we have to do that to fit sweaters and harnesses, etc) You measure height from ground to withers and length from chest to hindquarters.'

While the cavalier should appear almost square (both of these measurements equal), they actually should be slightly longer than they are tall.

Molly is 22lbs and Dougall is 24lbs. Dougall was very skinny and small until about 15 months and then all of a sudden he sprouted. Makes it more difficult for cuddling but we manage.:)

Anastasia stayed at 12lbs for almost a year, then last year started to fill out. she's been holding steady between 15 and 16lbs now and she will be 3 in two weeks.

Well, my Bailey is 10 months old and weighs a very little 3.9kg, which is about 8.5lb, the vets don't think she'll grow any more as she's been poorly. Everyone mistakes her for being 4-5months old.... she is cute, but i do wish she'd grow just a little more

as shes been poorly?? what do you mean by that? she was sick?

Wynnie only weighs about 7.5lbs and shes 7-8months. I really should get her looked at im trying to put it off untill i get pet insurance just incase. She seems great though. Active, eats well, very happy girl. so im not sure

as shes been poorly?? what do you mean by that? she was sick?

hi steph, yes she has been extremely ill since i picked her up at 9 weeks old... these are the threads regarding Bailey's health, they give most of the story...
http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=27370
http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=27428
http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=29028

As long as you have checked with a vet regarding her size, and they are happy, then it may just be one of those things. My vet has said that Bailey will probably not grow anymore.

Hoopy is 16months & is 13lbs, she is tall & long. She enjoys her food but is very active so I think she burns off what she eats:)

I was concerned about her weight last August after she developed kennel cough while boarding for 2 nights. The vet told me then that he would like to see her 1-2lb heavier but he said that some dogs are just made that way. However she has put on 3lbs since then:rah:

I would lke to see her put on another 2lb at the most.

((((Karen))))

Murphy weighs 22.3lbs, this is perfect for his size the vet tells me. He is very tall, long and leggy, I think he stands 15 or 16" at the withers:)

Misty is a little heavier, at 23.1lbs, I've been told she needs to loose about 4lbs:eek: But we've only had her a few months so we're just making sure she gets plenty of good quaility food and exercise.

SiânE weight as of last week on the vets scales is a trim 12.40kgs (just over 27lbs)

Teddy weighed 11 lbs at 18 months and 16.5 lbs at 3 years. He hovers around the 16 mark. :snap:

Last edited:
Molly was 10 kg (22 lb) just before Christmas - then the evil vet-lady told us that she was becoming fat :rolleyes: and that we had to cut down her food.
We did - after an agonising evening - realise that vet lady was doing us a favour - and now Molly is 8,5 kg (18.7 lb). Last time at the vet I thanked her for pointing out the problem :)
Éowyn is still growing, but she looks slimmer in her body than Molly ever did, so we are waiting to see...

7.5kg .... at 1yrs old .... I think that's about 16lb. I do think he may be a bit on the bony side though since he was in rescue and a stray before that.

Maddie weighs 6.5Kg (14lbs approx) 11 inches at the withers.
Pippin weighs 9Kg (20lbs approx), and has recently dropped from 9.9Kg (22lbs)

I've read what people have said about whole colours being longer backed, but while Pippin is longer backed than Maddie (Blenheim) he is also noticeably taller. I think he's in proportion in all honesty, although I've never managed to get him to stand still enough to measure him accurately :D.

Max was 16.8 pounds when he went for his neuter. He's six months old. He's about 1/2 an inch shorter than Mindy so I think he MUST be nearly as tall as he'll get. Mindy is about 13 inches at the withers if I remember. I haven't weighed Mindy lately but I'd guess she's somewhere between 18 and 20 lbs. She was a bit heavier but we reduced food and exercised more (too bad it didn't help me!). I think she's probably at a good weight now.

Back