• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I need some advice... from Spain

If I were you, I would choose another name. Queen was your beloved girl and you can't associate her to your new baby. Queen will stay in your heart forever. The little girl will be another one
When I lost my tricolor, I took Ulysse and I wanted a dog who would be exactly as Flopy was. It was a great mistake. Ulysse is another dog, with a different temper, different manners...etc but a lovely and faithful and adorable dog but I wanted to find my lost dog in him and our beginnings were difficult... i was disappointed : he was so different !
So, don't make the same mistake. Choose a nice name for a marvellous little girl who will never be the Queen you loved but a baby who will bring you love and happiness. That's my opinion ! we can help you to find a name !

Yes, you have reason, but choosing a name is not easy. Well, we have enough time to decide it. I will tell you...

If we are lucky, next Thursday she will be at her new home :).

How about naming her after a famous Queen? Our Cleo is named after Cleopatra, Queen of Egypt. You could try Bella, after Isabella of Castile, Bess After Queen Elizabeth I of England, Cathy or Katie after Catherine the Great of Russia, Titannia after the Queen of the fairies. Or some such name?

what about Princess ? even if the dog's names this year begin by "D". My dogs have got two names : the "official" name which is written on their passport and their nickname ; that's an habit in france. For example, Choupinet is called Classic Touch for the shows and his papers

This is not popular or probably not psychologically correct but my Dad had a beloved dog named Prince as a young boy-every dog we had ( all boys) had to be named Prince! It went something like this " What do you think would be a good name?" "How about Prince!" No one could deny him his memories. The last dog ( my purchase) a beautiful tri Sheltie,also named Prince :rolleyes:, was no less a great dog or loved less by his name inheritance.

Oh, I love this name. I am going to have to read up on Titannia!

She's in A Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare. Excellent character I think Michelle Pfiffer played her in the film with Kevin Klein, Claista Flockheart etc, which was a very lush picture, worth a watch on a warm summer's day. Enjoy! :)

Well we haven't got anything new about the name. We are still thinking.

Her actual name is Celia (Cecilia). We want to know how "Celia" sounds from the mouth of the breeder (in French). Sincerely I don't like its sound in Spanish and many women are called like that. I don't like "person's" names for dogs. I also prefer monosyllabic names.

Something we did yesterday... shopping xD. We bought a harness and leash from Puppia and a book, Juliette Cunliffe's one. Do you know it?

Finally next Wednesday we will go to France :drivecar: to pick her up. We are really nervous.

It will be a long trip...

In France, Breeders give an official names to the puppies and we change them when we buy our dogs. In French "Célia" is pronounced [ce-li-a] ; it is a name given to women, you're right. You can change !
Your travel will very long, but you'll live one of the nicest moment of your life ! and when you'll have your baby in your arms, it will be great

Gosh you're journey is going to be a long one, but it will be worth every minute to have such a precious bundle to take home with you. :luv:

I'm glad to hear you found a good breeder in France.

I'm looking forward hearing more from you and your new girl. So, good luck on your journey and take lots of pictures for us to see!!

Did you get her? was that yesterday, thursday?? that you were travelling..am i wrong??? :confused:
Maybe you stayed away for a night or two with the long journey...:rolleyes:

Sorry read back the threads again i think you said wednesday of next week....I'll just have to wait then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ok we can wait for the photos.

Yes, the little adventure will start next Wednesday.

I have already read the book I mentioned. I'm also reading Cesar Millan's book, it is really interesting.

Now I'm looking for some good toys for her. I'm reading about different web sites that users have recommended in this forum. I usually use the "search" tool, but if you want to advise someone ;)

She is gorgeous!!! We got our girl at 6 1/2 months and she was so easy. Your girl is still a puppy but that extra time for maturity should make all the difference! So very happy for you!

Back