• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I'm sick of hand feeding! HELP!!!!!

I gave both dogs boiled ground beef this morning (due to the sick post) and they both scarfed it with no problem. As far as dinner this evening, Daisy had a few bites and ignored it and I took it up. I put it back down a while later, and a few more bites, then Wesley snuck behind my back and polished it off for her. He's such a fat pig! Anyway, I wonder if that will teach her a lesson.

Normally I have to crate Wesley because he will steal her food. Tonight was a mistake because I thought he was occupied chewing his bully stick, so she didn't exactly get her 15 minutes. Guess I'll try again tomorrow!

As far as dinner this evening, Daisy had a few bites and ignored it and I took it up. I put it back down a while later, and a few more bites

Oh naughty naughty! I wouldn't be giving it back to her until her next scheduled meal. Giving it back later will just perpetuate the problem. IMHO icon_nwunsure

then Wesley snuck behind my back and polished it off for her. He's such a fat pig! Anyway, I wonder if that will teach her a lesson.

Probably not! :lol:

Anyway, you are going great guns! :flwr:

I totally agree with Caroline, don't put it back down for her. If she was hungry enough she would of ate if you do this you are only teaching her that she does not have to eat it because Mommy will put it down for me later. Believe me I have been in your shoes, I know how hard it is but you have to do it. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

I mentioned in a previous post that Dudley would literally go into the kitchen and cry for his food which was sitting on the counter.

My hubby and I would have many a word over this, but I did not give in to him.

The end result = No more eating problems
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Back