• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Keep Molly in your thoughts UPDATE 04/05 A GOOD DAY :)

So glad to hear it all went well - hope you were able to pick Molly up today and she's now home and safe with you.

Hi Bev...Was thinking about you and Molly. Did you get to pick her up today? I sure hope so and that she's doing well :flwr:

Our little Molly got to come home yesterday (Sunday). She seems to be resting comfortably in her crate. She has to be on crate rest for 8 weeks.

We were told that you could almost hear a sigh of relief from her little brain when the pressure was taken off.

Her head is shaved from the base of her neck up to her little eye brows, but she's still a beauty. The stitches are internal so they will disolve.

She's on Cephalexin (antibiotic) and Predinisone (steroid) for the next 10 days. Gabapentin indefinately to be evaluated later, and Tramadol (pain med) as needed.

She's eating and drinking normally so at this point we couldn't be more happy.

A post op visit is needed in two weeks :drivecar:

Thanks everyone for the good wishes, I will keep updating her progress.

Oh Bev...I have been so worried about that baby. I'm so glad to hear this good news. Is she able to get of of her crate to eat and I guess for potty breaks? I am so happy for you and I will continue to keep Molly in my prayers. Hugs to you and Molly from Lily and me. :flwr:

Molly can come out to eat and potty breaks, but they don't want to risk her trying to jump up or twisting her neck around before it is healed. I carry her outside, but she can walk around alittle.

There is also risk that if activity is resumed too early, that may encourage the formation of scar tissue.

We can hold her as long as she cannot jump down. She's actually pretty pooped and prefers the sanctuary of her crate for now.

We're just so happy to have her home :jump: :jump: :jump:

Wonderful.

You are right to be conservative. Kendall (Rory's mom) felt Rory did too much too soon (not because she didn;t try to keep him calm but he's such an active boy and wanted to play with other dogs) and that probably caused a relapse about two months on that was very hard for her. Plenty of time ahead of her to run and play again; rest and healing for now. :) She advises crating or quiet time outside the crate.

Tears of joy!! I'm so glad she's doing so well. The confinement is difficult but so necessary. It's well worth it after all you've been through to have this phase carried out succssfully. If nothing else...you have a good excuse to coddle and love on her incessantly for the next 8 weeks!! ;) I'm just so incredibly happy for her and you!

oh welcome home molly! i'm so happy to hear that everything went well and that your little angel is on the mend!
:D :D :D
lots of hugs from me and indy!

k :flwr:

Keeping her in our thoughts and hope her recovery is an easy one :flwr: Make sure you take it easy too :hug:

:updte:

Molly is gaining a little more strength everyday and I am beginning to see her personality shine through with each day. It's hard to believe it's been a week already.

Here she is resting in her crate
405818244_d345f43972_m.jpg

Here is a picture of her incision. You barely notice it because the sutures are internal.
405914148_9a0da4a4c4_m.jpg

Back