• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My Little Minnie was killed yesterday

Oh my gosh, what a horrible shock! I am so sorry you lost your little Minnie. :( Please take care, and know we are all here to lean on.

Claire,

I am just so sad and shocked. Sitting here with a big lump in my throat.

I am so so sad but so angry also. I can't say what I think should happen to the owner. JAIL to start with. We have an excellent solicitor who will help you make the GS owner pay. Not thast it will help but at least you can save another little dog or dogs and hit the owner where it hurts FINES and CASH.. that may be all they understand.

You gave Minnie such a wonderful life but that won't help you now I know. You must be in agony. Try to be strong for everyone else who needs you. Try to eat even if you don't feel like it and just rest and take your time.

Thinking of you and hoping you feel even a little better soon.

xxx

Dear Claire, I'm praying that God will give you strength today and every day, to clear your mind and give you relief to help you let go of the pain. I'm praying that you will realize how much Love surrounds you, and that you will care for yourself as much as we all care for you. Sending lots of love and hugs to you across the water. :hug:

Claire, I do hope you are feeling our love. I can't stop thinking about you and hoping you are okay. Reading through these posts shows how much we all care so much for you and Cara and how much we all loved your little Minnie. I hope you are able to take some comfort in the fact that you are not along, we are all in sadness with you.

Dear Claire, I don't post that often on this site. But I just had to let you know how this post brought tears to my eyes. I can just imagine how I would feel if it had been Maddy.
We both send you our hugs and good thoughts.
Pam and Maddy

Claire, Just wanted to let you know I am still thinking of you and Cara.

I hope all the posts here give you some comfort during this terrible time xx

yes me too. I have been thinking about you all so much these last few days and can't begin to imagine the horror of what happened to you.
I hope you are minding yourself now.

This is Derry, ClaireL’s hubby. We wish to sincerely thank the many board members who have responded to her thread – your words will greatly aid her in the difficult healing process.
The offending dog has been identified and has been destroyed .Claire has instituted criminal proceedings against the owner. There are, apparently, other restricted breed dogs in the house and he wish to ensure no other innocent dog-owner suffers a similar fate in the futureClaire has read all the replies and is grateful. I hope you will understand if she feels unable to personally acknowledge each one.

Clare & Derry,

I'm pleased to hear that you are going after the owner of the dog, they need to know there are consiquenses of letting a dog do that & if they have other restricted breeds they need to be shown how to control them in a public place or have them removed from their 'care'.

I know you will but let us know how the case goes, I know it will never bring your precious Minnie back to you but it may help to know that you have some justice for her memory.

Sending you many healing thoughts at this very difficult time

xxxxxxxx:hug:

Thanks for posting Derry.
I hope Claire is beginning to come throught his ordeal.Hopefully she herself hasn't been physically injured.It's important that she continue to see this through oficial channels as it will possibly prevent another dog or possibly a child from suffering the same outcome.
We'll all be here when she feels ready to come back.
Sins

Derry, thanks for the update, I know this must be a very diffcult time for you both. At least that dog cannot harm another poor innocent, although I know that it wont make losing Minnie any easier.
Take care. Keep your precious Cara close for comfort.
I'll be keeping you in my thoughts & prayers.

:hug::hug::hug:

Yes, thinking of you and little Cara a lot over the past few days, and I just can't begin to imagine the agony. Take good care of yourself and cuddles for Cara:flwr:

OMG goodness. I have just read the entire thread and Claire and Derry my heart goes out to you both. I know from reading Claire's posts how much you absolutely adore both of your gorgeous cavs. I've followed Minnie's journey with you, and you gave her such a wonderful life. You helped her to find herself again and to cease to be so frightened. I'm sure that meant to world to her.

I'm so sorry to hear that she is gone, particularly given the manner of her passing. You must both be devastated. I have no words to express how deeply sorry I am for your loss.

My thoughts are with you both, and with Cara of course. I hope Cara is doing ok. Le gach dea ghui,
Tanya

Dear Claire and Denny,

Personally, I am still sick in my stomach over hearing about your poor baby - in addition, it has created some fear for myself and Princi. About a week ago, I was walking Princi on the circle across from my house about 10:00 pm. Suddenly, a neighbors large lab/collie dog was let out for a "pee" and came bolting at us with an angry bark - I am fairly stong and big and turned my head and yelled at himi, just enough to stop him in his tracks. The owner came over (slowly - which pissed me off) and the dog came back to him. The owner came over and asked if we were okay, I was afraid for us - but we were thankfully ok. I asked about his dog, and he said the dog has no friends and dislikes other dogs, especially small dogs - at that point I calmly but pointedly warned him of the consequences of his actions, letting his dog run out unattended. I did not call the police, however after reading your sad story, I am going to call immediately if I see him off leash again. That is the best we can all do as owners.

About 7 years ago, sitting with my cat in the yard, a German Shepherd that was loose came into my yard to attack my cat and I picked him up, but the dog bit me and hospitalized me (the cat came out fine).

These lessons as a whole, make me very angry now, however now I know I need to take action and stop protecting these owners and dogs.

I am so very sorry, I don't know what to say except God Bless you all.

Just saw this thread. We are so sorry for your loss. Annie and her people send lots of hugs and condolences. :hug:

Thanks for checking in with us Derry. Glad to know you all are going to pursue this. Please give Claire a big comforting hug and let her know we all are concerned for her.

Thanks for checking in with us Derry. Glad to know you all are going to pursue this. Please give Claire a big comforting hug and let her know we all are concerned for her.
Me too
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

Back