• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My new rescue site up

My New Rescue Site is UP

Karlin ,

What a Great Site,

Just a Thought in the Future ,could it be Thought About ,having a Site of Cavalier Breeders with a List of their Names who do carry out Health Tests on their Cavaliers, this would be I am sure ,a benefit for Prospective Cavalier Buyers,

I know that all the Health Tests in the World won't guarantee that a Cavalier won't develope a Health Problem in His or Her Life- Time, but at least the Cavalier Buyer will be assured that they are dealing with a Cavalier Breeder who is concerned enough to be carrying out Health Checks on their Breeding Stock.

To-day there must Cavalier Breeders who are doing this, but Cavalier Buyers are not aware of them.

My New Rescue Site is UP.

Forgot my Name AGAIN !! in my above Post,

Bet ( Hargreaves)

It's OK Bet, you don't need to sign posts as your name is on the top part -- but if you want I can put a signature on your profile so your name automatically appears each time you post.

ideally eventually the clubs will have referral points for scanning breeders or health registries where buyers can be referred. I do get an awful lot of queries with nowhere to easily send people even though I know there are breeders who are scanning and have litters they wish to home to good homes. :)

I will consider UK homes if I can arrange homecheck and support via one of the rescues I work with and if people are willing to come across for a dog.

oooh:rotfl: shouldnt have said that!

if you need home checks in my area - Cheshire - UK let me know i would be more than happy to help:D

My New Rescue Site is UP,

Thanks Karlin, if you would do that for me.

If only there was a Cavalier Site where Prospective Cavalier Buyers could visit ,knowing that the Cavalier Breeder had done all they could to ensure that their Cavaliers had the chance of Healthier, Longer Lives ,because the Breeder had Health Tested their Breeding Stock.

Maybe not even a Site at the Moment, but some-body who had a List of those Caring Cavalier Breeders

Bet (Hargreaves)

Karlin, I hope you take this with a grain of salt, but I liked your old site! It was so handsome and welcoming- just like our Cavaliers. This one looks more like a research site. I know how much work goes in to designing (or redesigning) a website- this is my husband's profession- and I hate to even say anything but I think you were wanting feedback, right? Regardless, I think having a website is definitely going to help place dogs more quickly. Great idea, and it sounds like you're getting more outside help. (y)

Sorry but I can't agree completely. I think the new site is much better. I thought the old site appeared quite basic and I felt that it could be off-putting for people looking for a cav as it had no listings. Love the listings. I'd love to take them all!!! :)

If only there was a Cavalier Site where Prospective Cavalier Buyers could visit ,knowing that the Cavalier Breeder had done all they could to ensure that their Cavaliers had the chance of Healthier, Longer Lives ,because the Breeder had Health Tested their Breeding Stock.

Maybe not even a Site at the Moment, but some-body who had a List of those Caring Cavalier Breeders

I agree that this would be the single most useful thing in the world to which prospective puppy purchasers could be referred, but it must be a very difficult list to keep up to date and accurate.

When I was looking for my very first Cavalier way back in the 1980s, I wrote to the Kennel Club for such information. Sadly, as we all know now, they can no longer be relied on, as registration doesn't seem to mean what we all thought it meant.

I have a feeling that Margaret Carter may well have such a list though, at least in development (and in her head, of course). Perhaps she will respond when she gets back from Norfolk with her tribe of 9!!

People can PM Margaret for suggested breeders. She often knows of scanning breeders with puppies or expected litters and can steer buyers in that direction (with the caveat she herself makes that these are not recommendations but just a starting point for the buyer to ask for certificates and scan results and discuss the breeding choices made (y)).

Bet I'll do you a signature.

OK I set it up so your posts will automatically say

Bet (Hargreaves)

at the end.

Back