• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My two Cavs have really bonded

LorifromGA

:confused:Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! We've been in Maryland visiting family. Josie had been with us only 10 days when we made the trip with her, Jasper, and our two boys--12 hours in the van (UGH!!!)

Anyway, Jasper and Josie are now inseparable. Josie has really settled Jasper down and made him a lot more sociable, and he's doing his part to gently teach her some manners. ;) He didn't especially like all the chewing she was trying to do on his ears. I bought a big round dog bed, and they sleep on it side by side (or Josie on top of Jasper) at my feet. They're so darn cute!

I had a lot of anxiety about adding a second dog, but it's turned out to be a wonderful thing. Josie is full of spunk and seems to be very smart. Housetraining is going beautifully so far. :xfngr:

I wasn't too sure whether Jasper really liked her until one of my mother-in-law's friends came to visit one day last week. She picked up Josie and Jasper actually started growling at her! He's never growled at anyone in his life! I really think he was trying to protect Josie and may have been afraid the woman was going to take her away. :lotsaluv:

I'm going to try to paste a picture of the two of them sleeping at my mother-in-law's house. I don't know how to make the picture bigger... :confused: I tried to cut and paste it from my Flickr account.

Lori

that is so wonderful to hear! I know you were worried about them getting along. The photos are lovely. Clicking the thumbnail takes you to your flickr page and I was able to see the pics full-size there.

congrats on surviving the holiday vacation in the van with dogs, kids and all for hours on end. If there is a hell, my image of the place is being trapped for all eternity in the car with my kids on a never-ending car ride.

Back