• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Board: Important!

Thanks Karlin! Great new board!! b*n*n*
The best thing I love it a spell checker at last, as I am dreadful. Unless I didn't spot the the on the old board which could be highly possible. :rolleyes: :sl*p:

Hope you put your feel up now for a nice cup of tea or your preferred tipple lol

The site looks great Karlin. I can't believe you took so much time to upgrade it.

Now I'm off to figure it out!

Why is my avatar not showing up... i uploaded one and it shows in profiles, but it doesn't show up in posts??

There are spaces for two pics in your default profile section on the User CP link at top left of menu bar -- the 'profile' picture is in your profile, but you can also put in an avatar, which shows in the avatar space of posts as a small image. Right now the only profile working is the default board pic but shortly you will have a more detailed Zoints profile *(in Member Profiles and also linked from the right hand side of your posts) where if you want, you can create a personal page. Of course you can use either profile or none. Some of the basic info you entered in your old profile is stuff that transferred into y our new basic profile though and everyone has at least some info in the default profile anyway.

Thanks all for your comments. I am still adjusting settings and so on so expect small changes and fixes to things like the header image, which isn;t yet how I want it.

There is a FAQ on how do do things at the top left of the menu bar and that should answer most questions. The best way to figure things out is

1) first read thru the FAQ link which goes thru all the features
2) try clicking into the different sections and checking out what you can do.

It took me quite a while to figurte out why various problems cropped up in my first trial transfers of an older database to a test board but it actually took just two tries to do the real transfer. The first attmept ran into problems though when I redid a section and then inadvertantly duplicated 300 members, each one twice, so some of you were in as three memberships. :eek: Then I had to start all over even after spending an hour transferring the 91,000 board posts. :mad:

I can see the missing threads from Bruce's forum and Getting Started are actually still there somewhere, but aren't showing, so I'll see if I can figure out why.

Meanwhile I have pinched a nerve in my lower back as of noon today, so am on painkillers and limping around slowly but fortunately can still walk the dogs and work at the Mac! :dogwlk:

Thank you Karlin, love the look of the new board and the new features

Last edited:
Wow new board looks great Karlin!! I didnt know what to do without the board this weekend, I realized how much I've been going to it! It'll take me awhile to navigate the new system, but great job and thanks for all your hard work!! :)

Last edited:
Thank you very much, Karlin. :)

The new board looks great and I can't wait to have an explore properly. You've obviously worked very hard for all of us and we appreciate it. xxx

Fabulous new board,even from me, a jaded Gen X'er.... please do be careful with your back. I'm glad to see your hard work is appreciated by all! -Natalie

Hope your back is getting better Karlin, I had some back troubles many years ago and I know how totally miserable it is.

I am just lovin' the new board, the new features are great!!!

:rah:

Dear Karlin,

I actually got a little concerned as I didn't know about this new board maint.

I kept checking the board until earlier today I was amazed by the new look of Cavalier talk.

I have to say thank you for this board. It's such a great resource and alot of fun to share with everyone our passion for these angel-like dogs.

Thank you for doing such a great job, the best reward is probably how lively and busy this place is!!!

Best regards,

Yaron
Jerusalem

Back