• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Newborn on the way -- how to prepare our Ruby?

Lapka

My wife and I are expecting our first baby in about a month and a half. So far, our Ruby girl cavalier has been rather indifferent to my wife's growing belly, but then she is much more attached to me than to my wife. However, we understand that the upcoming huge changes will be rather difficult on Ruby, not to mention my wife and me. We want to make the upcoming family transition as smooth as possible for the baby and the dog. What are some of the ways to prepare our Ruby for baby's arrival? And behavior changes we should be looking out for?

Any and all tips and comments will be appreciated :)

I wouldn't worry about it. We just went through this and our girls are doing fine

http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=24569&highlight=pack

Start bringing baby stuff in the house (swing, bouncy chair, etc.) and let them get used to the idea. Board them while you're in the hospital and for a few days later so you can come home and not have to deal with it (you'll have enough to keep you busy). Introduce them outside. Other than that, she'll probably ignore the baby or at least be ambivalent. And try to spend time with her when possible.

Back