• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

ok climbing the walls here.

Ciren

i THINK we are ready to start looking for a cav but i am not sure. i don't even own a food bowl atm and the front room doesnt even have flooring down but does it matter?
surely i will have time to get things like food bowls food and grooming kits?

i SO wanna start the hunt but i want to make sure i get it right first time.

Hi Amy! That is exciting that you think you may be ready to start looking for a good breeder. This is a process that does take time so if you are going to want to add a Cavalier to your family, now is a good time to get started. This process does take time and most reputable breeders who do all of the necessary health screening and are members of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Clubs usually have waiting lists for their future litters.

There is alot of good information on this board about where to start looking for breeders in your area and the pertinent questions to ask. It is also alot of fun to go to dog shows and meet some of the breeders and ask questions, after they have shown their dogs of course! We waited for 13 months for our girl, but we were a bit picky about color and sex. If we had not cared what color or sex, it may have been sooner. Just don't get over anxious and be patient, then you will have plenty of time to put together your supplies and get that floor finished when the big day comes!(y)

I don't know if I would have ever felt completely ready to get a dog...or the second one! But everything turned out fine, even though we weren't as prepared as we could have been looking back on it :rolleyes:...It's definitely nice to get as much as you can before the dog arrives, but we weren't sure exactly what we needed, so besides the crate, collar, leash, and some food bowls, we didn't have much when we brought Miles home. We went to the store the next day and bought the rest of the essentials. Since you want to rescue I'm sure the foster parents/shelter will be able to tell you the particular needs of that dog. Good luck, let us know if you find a new friend! :lotsaluv:

Rescue Cavalier

Well done for considering a forever home for a rescue cavalier - just a suggestion but you could always consider fostering on behalf of a rescue centre first - you might even find your ideal companion that way too....

Back