• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pedegree Names....?

Rupert is Reddingvale Rupert - he's a Ch Mareve Indiana son
TedBear is Turretbank Scarlet Scumble
Jack is Kinvaar Mystere {they were named after perfumes and aftershaves, Jack says that's why he smells so sweet LOL}
Kyla is Kinvaar Coco Chanel
Cruz is Kinvaar Cruise Control - should have been Cruise Missile the way he runs around LOL
Tizzi who's stopping with us at the moment is Tis a Tart at Kinvaar ROFLOL - and it suits her, she's a real nelly the belly

Cathryn, YES!!! Barkley is Princetown/Norman's son!!! He is owned by Patricia Kanan (Torlundy) in California, and she was kind enough to e-mail three photos of him to me. I'm sad to hear about your precious girl.

Yes, your explanation makes perfect sense. When I mentioned Captain Morgan to Keith (the breeder) he liked it. So maybe my baby will be Blue Tide Captain Morgan?

Princetown is a wonderful boy indeed, you are incredibly lucky as he is from one of the lines I adore the most in the country alongside Bill's wife's line, Maibee. I remember a near 12 hour round trip up to use him and back again, leaving at 6 a.m in the morning and getting home again around 6 in the evening, better still it was the 21st and the 23rd December! :eek: I'm either totally mad or dedicated, take your pick but I know which I prefer! :lol: He comes from a kennel that consistantly produces a beautiful quality and type of dogs.

I was upset about my girl, she, most sadly, can never have puppies, on a happier note she is the litter sister to my stud dog so her line lives on through him, if it was any different I would have been devastated, Sophie is a wonderful girl with so many excellent qualities!!

Blue Tide Captain Morgan sounds wonderful, :xfngr: you get that name!! :luv:

Cathryn, oh my!!! I had no idea that Barkley came from such royalty! I was simply looking for a healthy, happy, beautiful pet pup and I found him nearly in my backyard...I'm really lucky, I tell you. I know you'll enjoy pics of him when he comes home and as he grows! :snap:

Oh I can't wait until Friday!!! :luv:

That is wonderful that Sophie's line lives on through her brother. You sure went through quite a lot to take her to see Norman though...and at Christmas! Wow! :eek:

Tobys name is: Ispahan Simply Soul. Does anyone else have Ispahan in their name?
Archies is: Montcollie Archiefellow

Lol I feel like such a dummy not knowing what any of this means. Is the pedigree name something you make up? Because to my knowledge, neither of mine have one!

Lol I feel like such a dummy not knowing what any of this means. Is the pedigree name something you make up? Because to my knowledge, neither of mine have one!

Hi!

The pedigree name is a name registered with the Kennel Club, sort of the dog's official name, if you look at the dog in my avatar, at home we call him Logan but his KC Registered name is Ttenneb Daydream Believer.When you bought your dogs, the breeder should have given you an official registration document with your dogs KC registered name on it, it also gives the registration number for that dog.
Some breeders with-hold the registration certificates for their "pet" quality dogs, but they should have bought that to your attention and made a note of it on the receipt. Other breeders don't register pet puppies either, although personnally I think that's a bit daft, after all if the puppy is salable it should be registerable too, of course if your dog is a rescue then that's a different ball game altogether as most of these dogs , although probably originally registered, often don't have their papers with them by the time they are rescued.

Well I have the documents here and all it says is KC Name: to follow and KC Number: to follow, all a little vague! Is there anything I can do to find out Lin's name?

Hmm!

Agree all a bit vague! Personnally I would ring the breeder and ask why you haven't received your dogs registration? Then I would have a look on the pedigree you received and call the kennel club to see if there was a litter registered to the Dam (You'll need to give them her KC name) and if the litter was born on the day of your dog or not.
Registered dogs sell for a LOT more than unregistered and if you paid for a registered dog then you should have the registration! Take this up with the breeder is my advice here.

ALL of my puppies go to their new homes with their registration papers, only on very rare occassions do I have to send them on at a later date!

But my dog is 9!!! Plus I looked the breeder up on the net and I don't think she does it anymore. Why I've waited all this time to find out her real name, I really don't know. I only became familiar with pedigree names when we rescued Sally and I was researching showing!

Ah!!

Those days it took on average 6 weeks to register a litter, these days I can do it on-line and have the documents with me within 3-5 days!! I can even go back into my KC account and know the names they have agreed before i even get the papers, modern technology or what?

They should still be able to tell you if her litter was ever registered or not though? :p

Lin's is Bora Boris Bodger. Hardly feminine is it?!! :p
Her sire was King of the Valley and dam Aber Black Satin. There were a few Marcliffs in there too.

Back