• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pics added!!: HOMED: Urgent hospice foster/adopter

We can even hold him overnight on the Saturday for pick up on Sunday if that's more convenient for anybody... We'll be staying in pet friendly accommodation between Stranraer and Glasgow, then returning to Stranraer for ferry home early Sunday afternoon.

I've just spoken to Yvonne, who just collected this fellow. She says he is lovely! And also a smallish fellow, only about thr size of Holly, her cavalier; very thin (which Heidi at the kennels had said too). Very loving, he was a bit shy and scared at first but then was quickly up on the sofa with Yvonne and Holly. As soon as Holly jumped off he was right behind. Holly adores him and they went for an investigation of the back garden. She will get some pics, but won't be able to post until Tuesday when she is in the office.

She's taking him in for a bath so he will be glamorous for his travels. :)

He sounds like a great dog, Aileen. He's on enalapril right now. I am having him vet checked tomorrow so hopefully then we will have a better idea of his grade of murmur.

Yvonne texted me some pics by MMS so here he is!!

319028910_c33deb3110_m.jpg

319028905_3927b35f76.jpg

Here he is with Holly who is a normal size cavalier so you can see he's a nice little guy. Very thin at the hips.
319028913_2ddc711e27.jpg

If he's not coughing yet, that should be good news.

Many vets don't prescribe medication until symptoms are present. It's also good that he's not overweight.

If he needs meds., I would be pushing the vet to prescribe Vetmedin (Pimobendan) which appears to prolong the life of a dog with MVD considerably.

Just from experience, from onset of the cough, Declan was with me for 8 more months and loved life up until the very last. Aileen, you're doing a wonderful job taking this lad on and I'm sure he has many months/years of love to give you.

what a beautiful face. this thread has been moving to read. what's the boy's name? i bet if he could only talk, he'd have some stories to tell. what a life he must've had and his adventures now continue....

I have been watching this thread like a hawk hoping to see pictures or hearing some sort of update...I am so happy that he is in good hands now. What a sweet expression he has! He has a lot more life and love to give, you can just see it in his eyes. He is in my thoughts....

oh wow - look at those markings.. what an absolutely gorgeous boy!! I want him I want him!! icon_whistling

Aileen let us know how you get on - I'm so excited for you!! I know he couldn't ask for a better home!! :flwr:

This made my day! I am so happy for this cute little cavalier! I am looking forward to hear how he is doing and to see some more pictures!
He deserves a wonderful live with a warm home!

He's beautiful! Are you all sorted now in terms of transportation as if not i'm happy to help out Karlin

Oh boy I cannot wait he will be sleeping anywere he wants when he comes he will have a new collar and lead with a I D and will have chirstmas present has well I will get the camera working to take loads of photo of him and Barney together as boxing day is Barneys birthday ----Aileen

He looks like a real sweetie :D
I can't wait to get a cuddle when I pick him up on Saturday. Do you thing Aileen would notice if I sent her on a cuddly toy instead and kept him for myself :lol: :lol:
Just kidding cause I know that could be fighting talk :badgrin:

I've missed this as I lost internet access, though not email, after the last Windows update (techie son sorted it in minutes). Anyway, he's so like my Izzy. He has a very bad heart and is skeleton thin, but he's been on meds since developing a cough for just two years. He''s fine at the moment, as this cooler weather suits him. I hope this boy does as well.

Izzy was put on Fortekor when he started to cough and Vetmedin when he got breathless (The vet said it helped to oepn the 'tubes' ). He only got Frusicare when fluid built up in his tummy.

I'll be talking to Finbar the vet tomorrow; Yvonne brought him to him today. Finbar said he was on the wrong tablets and hence was getting a lot of fluid; has put him on frusemide and another heart med which should help him a lot. Not sure why he is so thin but he's been wormed. His teeth are quite bad and may need some work but he will need a couple of weeks of being built up. Should not be neutered, Finbar confirmed, as the anaesthesia could be a risk.

Back