• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Question for those with rescues

Haha, Id like to know the answer to that one too!
We've never had to leave Holly yet, however the "plan" has always been for my mum to move in here for the duration we are away to look after her, either that or she would stay with a friend from the Dog School and that way I know she'd be around other dogs she knows as well, or with my gran. Although with my gran would be a last resort as Holly is used to REALLY long walks in the country and my I could just imagine my wee nan huffing and puffing up a hill with Holly doing the hill about a million times whilst she waits. :eek: My gran would certainly try though, but i wouldnt want her to feel she wasnt up to it as she adores Holly.

I used to cry my eyes out leaving our family dog, Penny (a Jack Russell) at boarding kennels!!! Would actually have to be dragged away from them when I was a wee nipper... so thats made me have bad memories. :rolleyes:

Im glad you're feeling better about it though and you can look forward to your trip!!!

:D:D:D

from my experience

as long as you are sure that ur dogs are staying in a friendly loving place. You will be fine!

we hate to leave our doggies behind when we are gone. (actually my bf hates it.)
our chingching is extremely close their grandparents. YES! He loves their bigger house and bigger yard and perhaps more grandpa/grandma time. (actually my bf's parents) My chingching probably would move to live with them in a heartbeat. He actually cries at night when he come back from their house, sometimes waiting by the door like a little traitor and hoping for them to show up..(he does that when they leave our house from a visit as well)

My father's dog flower in the contrast cant not live without him. I actually think that is a bigger co-dependent issue. that dog wont eat or move when my dad is away. meaning if its a 2 week long trip..she will stay in the living room waiting for him to return for 2 weeks! But that dog has real attachment issue..and so is my dad!

sorry for renting...my point is the doggies will be fine as long as they are staying in a comfortable place.

Back