• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ruby Traits Cat-like

Monstook

We continue to be surprised with our Ruby, Dane, behaviors being somewhat cat-like. Not sure it’s connected with the color, but I thought I’d post a few questions here to gather opinions.

Are Ruby’s more anxious than other Cavi’s? Dane is quite hyper vigilant. If we move slightly or sneeze, he jumps up like a rocket.
Do Ruby’s prefer to lick their food rather than bite? So odd how he will even lick his kibble eating a piece or two at a time.
Are Ruby’s more cat-like? He can jump up 2ft from standing to a narrow chair arm.
Overall, I love this weird little guy but I want to know if this is a normal Cavalier experience.

Sorry to have missed this post before... there's no evidence coat colours are connected to different personalities or behaviours but that said, they can be connected to specific genetic issues (wholecolours were more prone to epilepsy and episodic falling for example, but that I think is less colour-linked these days). I know lots of people think rubies are more feisty and sassy!

Dane sounds very athletic and hyper-aware! I've had some cavaliers that easily could jump a couple of feet on to a sofa or window seat for example while others couldn't do this at all. I've one at the moment, Noah (a blenheim) who scrambles up a stone wall at the back of our garden (there's another bit of wire fencing along the top so he can't get over the wall however...).

@Monstook Archer is a 2 yr old Tri-color weighs 18.4 lb and we think very catlike. He can run across the top of the sofa with superb balance. Can jump pretty high in the air to catch a ball. He can squeeze into a room with the door being only open slightly and not touch the door. He can easily crawl under beds sofas and furniture to retrive a toy. He also starts eating by licking his food like he is taste testing to be sure he likes it before he takes bites. I also think licking the food helps trigger his appetite.

Back