• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rudee at the Vets.

She had a bad night last night. I had to give her half a norocarp tablet at about 8.30pm and she settled down after a while and seemed to be resting easy. We went to bed at about eleven and by one am she was mooching around so I took her outside for a pee and she had a drink. We went back to bed but she kept mooching around from place to place so I took her back downstairs and gave her the other half of the Norocarp. I phoned the emergency Vet but he was less than useless. Anyway I managed to get her snuggled up against my leg with her head resting on my lap and she eventually fell asleep.
I can't bear to think of her in any pain but the Vet just said that I can up the dose to two tabs per day just for the next few days.
I'm going to give the tabs at six hourly intervals-a half tab every six hours so maybe she will start to get some relief.
She did eat her quarter of a liga biscuit for me this morning and I let her share my toast so you never know,she might just turn the corner and surprise us.
Keep your fingers crossed for us yeah!!

Oh I'm sorry that's exhausting for both of you :(

I know if Rupert has a bad night now it takes him a few days to recover, so she may be extra sleepy.

I really hope the pain killers will help her...

Do you have any vets that do acupuncture there? I know that helped Arne.

Thinking of you and our little Rudee, Claire. Hoping she pulls through and is much better. I know when mine are on Norocarp it makes them sleepy so that's probably a side effect of it. The boys send her sloppy licky kisses and I send love n hugs to you both :hug: :lotsaluv: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope Rudee is feeling better Claire! :flwr: Sorry she had a bad night. ;( She's probably just extra sleepy. Our fingers, toes, and even eyes are crossed here.. hoping for you guys to have a speedy recovery!! Take care! :) :flwr:

Oh, hugs to you and Rudee. :hug: It is so hard to have a dog feel unsettled and feel you are not able to do more. I hope she feels much better today and that you do too. :flwr:

I am so sorry, just catching up with some of the threads.

Poor sweet Rudee, she is such a darling.
I am sure it must be awful to see her in so much pain, I pray that she takes a turn and things improve for her and for yourself. :l*v:

Try and get some rest yourself too. :slp:

Luv

Linda & The Boys

My Rudeepoohs went to sleep with her head resting in my hand this morning. She is free of pain forever now but my heart is breaking.

LOVE YOU RUDEE XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ohhh, Claire, my heart is breaking for you. I feel so lucky to have met your wonderful Rudee -- I was just telling some friends this past week after our last walk what a sweet, sweet cavalier she is. I am so sorry. I think she let you know her time was right and you made the most difficult, but most gentle decision you could. :hug:

*ng*l
Dear Sweet Claire

I am so so sorry, I cannot begin to imagine the heartache and pain you are feeling. Please have a little peace knowing that you were with that sweet precious girl whom we all loved dearly.

She is free of her pain, although your heart is breaking for her.

I hope and pray that you have some family and friends around you to be with you physically. We are all here for you although not physically but mentally.

We will all be shedding tears for a beautiful girl whom was released from her suffering. Treasure all those wonderful memories you have of her, and hold them close to your heart sweetie.

She is amongst so many of our members cavaliers whom have crossed the bridge, they will help her crossing easier. I hope we will be able to help you Claire.

God Bless Her she is at peace. *ng*l

Love
Linda, Dudley & Darby :hug:

Oh Claire,

My heart goes out to you.... poor Rudeepoohs, she was such a galant girl

Big :hug: s to you from me and the boys.

Oh Claire. The tears won't stop for dear Rudee. Felt like I knew her thru her photos. Such a kind wise gentle face. A beautiful girl. She touched many a life with those wonderful pics and great face. Thanks so much for sharing her and bringing warm smiles with with Rudee stories/pics. You are in my thoughts and prayers. The pain of losing when new is so deep ...to the very very depths of our souls but in time the memories will bring a gentle tear and a smile I hope. You and Rudee were so lucky to have each other in your lives. She will always be with you...a gentle soul in your heart.

Dear Claire,
I've been thinking about you and Rudee. My heart is breaking for your loss. I'm so sorry.
:hug:

Oh Claire,

I am truly so very, very sorry to hear about Rudee, I hope you are OK and know that you did the very best you could for her. She was obviously such an extremely loved little girl. My heart breaks for you :(

Thinking of you and sending you big hugs

XXXXX

RIP Little Rudee, run free at the Bridge little one, no more pain now :l*v:

Oh Claire! I am so so sorry for your loss. My heart is breaking for you too :cry*ing: I hope that you will have some comfort in these very sad times knowing that sweet little Rudee is out of pain and in a better place now *ng*l You are in my thoughs and prayers.

Oh Claire I'm so so sorry. :( My heart just dropped when I read your post, I had to re-read it several times before it registered.

I know it's a terribly hard time for you right now, but take some comfort in the fact that Rudee had a very happy, full life and couldn't have wished for better. You gave her everything and I'm sure she'll be always by your side in some small way. Take some time out and look after yourself aswell. We're all here to support you if you need.

Rudee, I know you're sorry to leave such a loving mommy but enjoy being free from your earthly pains. Look out for my pair up there and impart some of your wisdom to them. :flwr:

Oh Claire, sweetheart,

I am so sorry to hear this. Like many of the others, my heart fell to my feet when I read your post.

Please take care of yourself Claire - it is important to keep your head up. You did everything you could for your brave little Rudee - she will be with you always. :) Keep your memories of her near to your heart - they will comfort you in your times of sadness.

As far as I am concerned, Rudee could not have asked for a better mother. You were such a good mom - an inspiration to me I know for sure.

RudeePoohs,
We will miss you dearly, but I am happy you're running pain free with so many of the other cavaliers that have passed. :) You captured my heart with all of your pictures, and although I never met you, I felt I knew you personally. I can only hope that my baby will live to have a wonderful, full life like you did. Take care. :flwr:

Oh Claire I'm so very very sorry...we're just heartbroken for you.

Rudee touched all our lives, she was very special and your love for her shines through your posts...

She was lucky to have such a wonderful Mummy and share so many happy years with you. Thank you for looking after her so well and for being brave enough to give her her wings when her body got too tired to hold that special soul.

At least she is free of pain now, I'm sure she will be with our other Angels at the Bridge.

Thinking of you and sending our love, run free precious baby, you will be very much missed by us all xxxx

Back