• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Secret Santa Swap

Lindsay

Hello all and Happy Holidays! :flwr:

There had been some discussion of a Secret Santa Swap for Christmas over in the Dog and Bone. I figured I would post this here so that all are aware of it. :D

Gifts for pets and people are acceptable. If you are shipping anywhere other than your country, please avoid sending edible items (i.e. dog treats) as they will probably give you headaches with customs. If it is a people gift, it would be great if it were cavalier related (stationary, ornament, figurine, etc.)

Gift cost should range from $20-$25 USD (not good with the exchange rate, so if someone could post what that would be elsewhere, that would be helpful.)

If you would like to participate, please copy and paste the following into a PM and send it to me. I will let you know who you will be sending your gift to on November 30th. Gifts should be sent no later than December 7th. That gives you a week to get a gift and get it to the post office. :)

Please post any suggestions you may have toward this (and let me know if I am missing any details that would be nice to know!) icon_whistling

What to PM me:

Name(s) of cavalier(s):

Color and gender:

General dog clothing size:

Measurement of neck:

Measurement of girth around rib cage and/or length from neck to base of tail:

Gift Preference (Dog or People gift):

Wish list?:

Absolutely do not send me:

Owner name and mailing address:

As I said, I am open to any suggestions to this and I look forward to getting some participants in this! Remember, I have to have your information by November 30th so that gift assignments can be made.

Thanks! :D :D :D

Me too. I have a friend in London I send stuff to periodically, so I know that prices of shipping can sometimes cost more than the gift (I've spent $4.50 to send a $1.00 chocolate bunny, for example ....)

That said, I'd still be happy to be secret santa to someone overseas since there are things we have for our dogs here that aren't available there and vice versa.

II'll send my details later today as well after I pick up Lucky from the vet.

no problem,

I won't be joining in tho, as christmas is sooooo expensive for me with 2 kids, and family and of course Harry to buy for.

But enjoy it

Lindsay,

SHould be a measurement of from the base of the neck to the base of the tail too, right? Just in case we order something clothing related?

Just updated the pm part to include that. Allthough when I am buying things for my dogs, I have never thought to be concerned about the length, just whether I can get it around them or not! :lol: 8)

I figure even if we just have 2 people that is enough interest, and we already have more than that! ;)

I also was just asked what would happen if someone has more than 1 dog, does that mean they have to receive 2 dogs worth of gifts (i.e. $50+ of gifts). :yikes

I would say definitely no. I would say per owner spend $20-25.

Thanks for all the questions and feedback. So far so good! :flwr:

Also, if you would like your person's name earlier than the 30th, please let me know. I know some people would like a little longer to shop than a week, and I would hate to move the 'ship by' deadline. So please let me know!

Come one gals (and guys)! We need some more participants! 8)

Claire,

You can still participate. :flwr: That's why there are human or dog gifts. :) I know I could find you something human. . . :flwr: I'de love to have YOU! :)

:D OK Then! I'm in :) now what do I do and REMEMBER I'm in Ireland so I need to do this quick as I'm going to Connecticut on Dec 17th :xfngr:

:flwr: :hug:

:sl*p: Forgot to mention that Doggie clothes here are really expensive compared to the US ...OR... MAYBE I just haven't shopped in the right places :?

Please feel free to enlighten Lil Ol Moi :lol: :lol:

:flwr: :flwr:

woohooo Claire L!! :) You know we can send you something for you to get in connecticut! :) And yeah it does seem cheaper ove ron this side of the pond. Puppia harnesses over here are $20 US which I think 13 pounds or something (I don't have that symbol on this computer.) Anyways I think it's quite a big difference. ;) Glad to have you aboard! 8)

That is great Claire! Be sure that when you send me your information in a PM to remind me that you will need to be an early bird.

Thanks! :flwr:

Back