• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Shampoo Recommendations

I use Harmony conditioning shampoo and Harmony detangling finishing spray.
These products were developed by a champion English Cocker Spaniel breeder.
I also bought a Furminator for use on my Cavis coats. The Cavaliers love it being used on them. I have a larger one that I use on my Tervuren. It's wonderful and worth the price.

Last edited:
Karen S.--I saw a video playing at the vets office of the Furminator being used on a Lab. I couldnt believe the amount of hair that was coming out! I am trying to convince my boyfriend to buy it for his non-stop shedding Lab! Does it work well on the Cavs too?

It works great! You will not believe the amount of dead hair that comes out.
The Cavaliers absolutely love it.
We are saving all our hair and are going to have it made into a scarf.

Hmmm a blanket now that's something to try for. I wonder how much hair it would take? Seriously I have seen scarves and other small items made. The dog hair is usually knitted with anogora rabbit hair and the items turn out beautifully. My friend had her chow chows hair done. She used it all last winter. She was so proud.

I ended up ordering Pet Silk shampoo & conditioner & oil of some sort, and the mat cutter I posted. I'm anxious to get to Cathy's to try out the Coat King.

Back