• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Should I change my mind?Your advice would be great please.

I say neuter and stop the surge of badly bred cavaliers. [Well I am going to say that with having to ex puppy farm dogs aren't I?]
Do not want to cause offence just my opinion! J x

No offence taken, don't worry. My Dylan is well bred though but I signed a contract not to breed anyway. I fully appreciate there is far more to breeding then I would ever have the time to research.

I would really like to see what cotton coat looks like, before and after pictures would be good.

I think I may know what breeder Dylan came from-- we should all be so lucky.
Just because someone doesn't jump on neutering their pets before they are full grown doesn't mean they plan to breed them. That is an unfair assumption. jmo

I think I may know what breeder Dylan came from-- we should all be so lucky.

Thank you :D I am lucky because Jenny and I are in touch every day and we are good friends. I also get to look after all her dogs next month for a week. Most importantly, she has long living dogs. :D

With my old dog he wasn't neutured until he was 7 and that was only due to his prostate being enlarged. He never marked in the house, wasn't aggressive and was such a lovely boy. With some breeds i do think its important to castrate them due to some bad behavioural traits, cavaliers arn't like most dogs so i dont think you HAVE to get them castrated. In terms of behaviour the only think Jake did that was annoying or bad was mounting ppls legs and even then it only seemed to be certain ppl (usually ppl who wern't animal ppl!!!) that he ever mounted.
With Marley I havn't made up my mind if i'll have him castrated if I do i'ld wait till he's over a year but that because i like the big jowley boof head ;)

I don't really like a jowly face but I'm thinking strong bones etc is more important. I'm having to think health before beauty. His mum and dad didn't have huge jowls anyway.

Dad, William.
338401220_965b55ec8e_o.jpg

338401219_3c30266629_o.jpg

Mum, Chanel.
448812878_68374749b9_o.jpg

Dylan has Mum's face and Dad's coat.
549320271_e90c3705b3.jpg

Back