• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

So sick--Please help!!

Sorry to hear this..at least now you know what you are dealing with.

Hope things get better for Charlie soon.

I knew Charlie's diagnosis sounded familiar....I just confirmed that a friend's Cavalier, Quincy, has the same thing. Quincy is doing well with treatment. He is on 1 Atopica ( 25mg.) tablet daily, and a 1/2 prenisone ( 5 mg.) 2 X weekly. He is also on 1/4 tablet of Torbutrol for pain as needed. This is a 60 day regimen he is on.

Here is what Linda says about Quincy
Quincy is really fine other than that, eats and plays well, however slow to sit, and he wants to be carried up the stairs at the end of the day. Never turns down a walk
I hope this will give you some encourgement. I am also going to pm you Linda's e-mail and phone number. She welcomes you to contact her as she has been dealing with this for over a year now.

Oh Andrea, what a time you have had. At last, hopefully, there is a name and a treatment for his illness. Now, finally there is going to be a plan to get him well. Still praying for you that he is much better soon and that the doctors get him the medication that he needs. Hugs to you all. Judy

Hi Andrea,
I'm so sorry this is the diagnosis for Charlie, but at least now you can move forward with the right treatment. Let us know how he is doing.

I just wanted to let you know that autoimmune disorders do not = horrible life! I would keep your hopes up as there is a good chance he will lead a happy, full life. I have 4 disorders that are all autoimmune, but I lead what most would think is a normal life. The only difference between me and my counterparts is that I take daily medication. Other than that, I work, hike, swim, play etc.

Autoimmune disorders can make life more complicated at times, but don't give up hope!

Back