• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Tell us why you don't scan your breeding cavaliers

Margaret C

There is another report in Dog World

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/14-cav-confusion.aspx

It is interesting that in the copy of Dog World that I received today there is a sentence, just before the comment about the PRT Club's AGM, that is missing from the online report.
This sentence reads....."DW received a joint statement for publication from 28 Cavalier club members, but they were not happy with its edited form & asked that it should not be printed".

I wonder if any of those 28 are going to publish what their statement said?.

I am sure the DW breed note writer, her husband, who proposed the amendment that threw out the SM recommendations from the Code of Ethics, the health representative/ chairman of the Southern based club who spoke so eloquently to defeat health guidelines that were advocated by neurologists, geneticists, and Club committee, will welcome the opportunity to tell us what was in this statement.

At the same time they and their friends, who included the owners of many of the 2008 top stud dogs, may like to answer a simple question, one that has been asked on the Dog World website, on their own forum, and on here..... Why don't you want to scan your breeding stock?

Margaret C

I am sure the DW breed note writer

Norma Inglis, Craigowl cavaliers

her husband, who proposed the amendment that threw out the SM recommendations from the Code of Ethics

Gordon Inglis, Craigowl cavaliers

the health representative/ chairman of the Southern based club who spoke so eloquently to defeat health guidelines that were advocated by neurologists, geneticists, and Club committee

Veronica Hull, Telvara cavaliers, health rep, Southern Cavalier Club

will welcome the opportunity to tell us what was in this statement.

Stay tuned to the Dog World thread or check Cavalier Chat for the answers that I am sure will be forthcoming. ;)

On second thought, perhaps we are being too harsh. Maybe Norma Inglis was only being honest in indicating that the motion was so deeply difficult to comprehend -- even though the committee pointedly has reiterated that information about the guidelines have been on the club site since 2006, have been discussed in the past, etc etc (see the link to the Dog World front page --yet again! -- article above). And even written about by Norma in her Breed notes column when she insisted she wouldn't MRI her own cavaliers.

I am willing to recognise that the Inglises might get easily confused about the SM issue going by all sorts of things that have been said by them in the past, but also given that Norma Inglis also is clearly very confused by the fact that one can both be deeply critical of how someone behaves in one instance, yet acknowledge that the same person is broadly respected and has written an important statement in another, as I have said about club chair Lesley Jupp.

These two notions are not at all in conflict -- one was my opinion in a given situation; the other is a basic statement of fact. Who would dispute that Jupp is widely respected by the CKCS club and broader KC membership (making her deep criticism of the actions of people like the Inglises at the AGM all the more telling!). But I strongly disagreed with the shameful and petty way in which I believe the whole SGM was handled publicly on the club website, in part through personal statements made there by Mrs Jupp. Simple as that.

The Cavalier Club Chairman's 'Benchmark Weekend' statement has completely disappeared from their website, along with the AGM health report.

I wonder if there are threats of legal action going around?

Margaret C

Do you have the direct link? (open the link in a new window rather than clicking on it to get the direct link, as the site uses the extremely annoying and outdated 'frames' format... :rolleyes:).

Oh,heck,Karlin don't understand the directions but go here

http://www.thecavalierclub.co.uk/start.html then on left side of page under Cavalier Health you will find a long list :( and toward the bottom you will see AGM 2009-click on that and Health Report comes up. I'm sure it's the long way around but it gets to the subject-always fond of scenic routes ;).

It's a good overview report with lots of info -- and I think there's a more focused attempt by the committee to both support and to be seen to support the various initiatives that are underway. (y) It is a shame to make it so hard to find now. Wish they'd get someone a bit more knowledgable to do their website as well -- frames make finding pages and linking to them very hard (as you can see! Many people don't now how to get the static web address for a page that is being framed by another page) and the use of them and overall design of the site is very late-90s and confusing to navigate. :-|

I really think they moved it so it did not draw attention to the fact that the article by the Chairman had been removed.

I had copied and pasted Mrs. Jupp's "A Benchmark Weekend" statement into a Word document, believing it might have historical significance.(y) I will have posted it to Karlin.

Last edited:
Back